factory settings for the 10-cpm multi-fuel stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculptor

Sep 22, 2009
central nc
I just fired up my stove and checked my settings as: 1 6 0
Is this the correct settings?

Very wrong. The last number should always be 1. That is your auger cadence rate. The second number is your air feed. I like 3 or 4 depending on the pellet type. The first number of 1 is the feed rate. That has been the norm. 1-3-1 or 1-4-1 for most burns. During a very cold spell I have bumped it to 3-5-1, but 1-4-1 should be fine.

Factory setting are supposed to be 1-4-1. I agree with Indiana above....bumping to 2-5-1 or 3-5-1, etc when it gets cold, or if you're burning lower quality pellets will increase heat output.

Thanks a lot, guys! I appreciate the help.

All I can say is Wow...and Thanks!
The story is, my house was struck by lightning and caught fire. Thankfully, it was in the summertime and my stove wasn't plugged in. I covered it during construction, and was in a rental house for almost a year before being able to move back in. I fired it up and noticed the stirrer not turning like it's supposed to. I checked my settings, which didn't look right, but had no idea how to find the factory resets (on the weekend). Even though I consider Englander customer service second to none, the knowledge gained from this site...makes me a happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.