failed tree drops

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are just tragic. And why I only cut trees in the woods, never near my house. A man's gotta know his limitations, and then its time to get a professional.

I dont want to be rude but most of those are hysterical.

If I was that climber in the second video, once I recovered from that ride, I would beat the snot out of the guy that was roping.

Some people have the knack for tree work and some don't.

Well, Stupid is as stupid does.. but this one is beyond stupid. The tree is clearly leaning towards the house. Even if it wasn't I still wouldn't attempt it. I wonder if this was staged? Maybe they were gonna tear the house down and rebuild? I have to hope that's the case as anything else makes me think the human condition is doomed.

Thanks to who ever took the time to group the top 10...I book marked that. Don't think I saw one use of a bull rope either.

Thanks for sharing...it brightened up my day.

cass

bren582 said:
Well, Stupid is as stupid does.. but this one is beyond stupid. The tree is clearly leaning towards the house. Even if it wasn't I still wouldn't attempt it. I wonder if this was staged? Maybe they were gonna tear the house down and rebuild? I have to hope that's the case as anything else makes me think the human condition is doomed.

survival of the fittest...

Thanks for sharing. Reminds me again why I don't try to cut down trees around houses. I will stick to the woods and fields.

I am sorry, but that was some funny stuff.

The first two do look staged. The rest are just stupid.

My wife and I enjoyed them alot. Thanks for posting the link, and I think that I'll just stick to cutting in the woods myself!

Seriously, the guy pulling down the palm (I think) with the truck... wich way did he think it was going to fall.
Some people are just stupid. Thanks for the laugh.

Devon

I,ve been droping trees for almost 40 years and I know my limatations. I know when to leave them standing.

The one with the car looks staged, but there is some eye popping stuff there.

Why some folks shouldnt be droppin trees.. :lol:

Our climber a few yrs ago got whipped around like the one video only it was because the pine peeled off and rolled off the top. Hit that pole so hard i swear it whipped 6ft in both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.