Fair price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
I know I've been a bit of a pest laetly with questions, but I've got one more. I got a quote to install a pellet stove vent last night for $1300. It is a bit of a different install - up 25' through a cathedral ceiling with a jog off to the side in between the celing and roof, an then out the top. It is 4" venting. Is this a fair price? I had priced out the parts myself to install it and it actually seemed to come pretty close to this figure. Does this seems reasonable? Thanks again.

Yup, I wouldnt do it for any less than that. If you didnt buy the stove from us it may even be a little more.

hemlock said:
......I got a quote to install a pellet stove vent last night for $1300.......Is this a fair price?.........

You might want to check out this site that lists installers in your area, and get a 2nd or 3rd estimate....just insert your zip code in the "installers" box:

www.nwdinc.com/installers.php

Make sure they are NFI certified and that they are not Redsox fans.

Scott, havent forgot about ya, just been very busy.

Franks said:
Make sure they are NFI certified and that they are not Redsox fans.

Scott, havent forgot about ya, just been very busy.

yes, the HFI cert is important, as well as any local/state licenses, as well as liability insurance. Oh, as for fans, the Yankee fan is one to be avoided at the utmost. Unclean, vulgar, and with obvious ethical issues, they need be avoided at all costs! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.