Fairfield County, Connecticut Pellet Prices -- wow--

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
CT
Just called my local supplier [in New Milford, CT] that I have used for the last 5 years to check in on the prices.....

WOW.

Dry Creek $265/ton
Energex $248/ton

I've used Dry Creek the last 5 years with much success....but I may have to find a cheaper alternative.
He said the delivery fees from his distributors is driving up the prices.

Help! Anyone else in the Fairfield County area with a cheaper alternative?

Around the same prices here on the shoreline. They have been creeping up each season.

May be to far, but you can try:

Tri-County Coal, Inc.
113 Old Route 6
Carmel, NY 10512
(845) 279-2046

They carry Dry Creek, Barefoot and others.

Since people in Fairfield make 300% more money, a little higher price for pellets is just part of our new system.....
:)

How much is a house near the shore there? 7 Million or so?

By the time you figure in the servants quarters for the person to load the stove, it might be cheaper to burn oil.

Hah, just joking, but it is the 5th wealthiest county in the USA. Problem is, the money doesn't go as far (as with the pellets!)

[quote author="Webmaster" date="1209022469"]Since people in Fairfield make 300% more money, a little higher price for pellets is just part of our new system.....
:)

How much is a house near the shore there? 7 Million or so?

quote]

I'd wish my house was worth that much.......whoo hoo :)

Here's an update on pellet prices for Fairfield County, CT.
All of the prices have been checked in the last day or two.

V&V;Woodstoves
$265 Dry Creek
$65.00 delivery

TRI COUNTY COAL
Instant Heat $254
Dry Creek $269
NEWP $259
$75.00 delivery

BTPELLET.COM
Dry Creek $235
Northern Cubex $245
Ambiance $245
Energex $260

½ tons $135.00
$95 for 2 tons delivery
$111 2.5 tons delivery

WOODPELLETS.NET
Jason Blakeslee
Dry Creek $259 credit $250 cash
NEWP $259 credit $250 cash
Hamer $259 credit $250 cash
Pro Pellet $249 credit $240 cash

delivery $55 first ton/$15 each after

A & J's Stove Shop
NEWP $320
Includes delivery

Danbury Agway
Lignetics $269
$45 first ton/$15 each after

Bethel Agway
Energex $269
$40 no limit

CTPELLET.COM
Turman $285
Michigan $240
Barefoot $270
delivery $85.00 2 Tons

I think I am gonna steer clear of http://newenglandpelletllc.com/.
Too many issues and potential headaches to take the risk to save a few bucks.

Now I just have to decide which to buy. So many brands.....so many different opinions too.
I may get 1 ton of NEWP and 1 ton of Dry Creek from Tri County Coal. I've never used NEWP, but have read good things.

we'll see.
later.
mike

Got my pellets yesterday.........

3 tons Total
1 ton Hamer's Hot Ones
2 tons New England Wood Pellet

I've only used Dry Creek before....so this will be new grounds for me. From everything I've read about NEWP and Hamer's, I should be alirght.

Total price: $890.00 (including $85 delivery and tax)

Comes out to about $296/ton with delivery........$268/ton without delivery.

Oh well, prices are kinda high, but I guess that's what I get for living in Fairfield County.......ugh.

You should NOT be charged sales tax on your purchase of wood pellets in the State of CT.

itworks said:
You should NOT be charged sales tax on your purchase of wood pellets in the State of CT.

Really? That's good to know since I have some coming in a few weeks. I assume because CT doesn't tax heating fuels?

Maybe by tax he meant tax on the delivery charge.

Thanks.

richkorn said:
itworks said:

Really? That's good to know since I have some coming in a few weeks. I assume because CT doesn't tax heating fuels?

Maybe by tax he meant tax on the delivery charge.

Thanks.
CT has a specific tax exemption statute for wood pellets. I've never been taxed on the delivery component of the bill, but I don't know if it is really taxable, however you can see what you really are paying tax on by just calculating your delivery cost at the 6% sales tax rate. If you are being charged more than, speak to your dealer.

my mistake....no sales tax charged.

Hamer's are $5.30/bag x 50 = $265.00 1 ton
NEWP are $5.40/bag x 100 = $540.00 2 tons

Total for pellets: $805.00
Delivery $85.00
TOTAL $890.00

sorry bout the confusion.....

Try Tractor Supply in New Milford. I ordered and payed $240 per ton the last week of July and got a call Monday that they were in. That's the cheapest I could find anywhere in the area. They could not tell me what brand they were going to be but I took a chance. They rattled off several premium suppliers they deal with. Turned out to be Lignetics which made me very happy. Not sure if they deliver. Check with them, I think they are getting deliveries weekly.

Kinsman Stoves $220 a ton for ProPellet.

All you New Englanders come on out and I will load your Lexus, BMW, Jags, and Saabs. Please remember no American cars.

Thanks and welcome to the Rust Belt.
P.S. unleaded is $3.53 per gallon so fill up.
Eric

The prices listed are already all outdated.
As the big box stores increased their prices to $300/per ton all the other chickens want to get fat too and charge now the same price too.
Would be very surprised if a Wood Pellet Stove user would find a cheaper price in Fairfield/CT.
The guys in Oh are very lucky with their low pellet prices. It almost sounds to good to be true. Ohio is just too far away from the Tri-State Area for a fast pick up of Pellets.

I know Tractor supply in New Milford CT is still $240 a ton. I think modt of the prices listed here are pretty accurate based on my shopping around.

Groundhog said:
I know Tractor supply in New Milford CT is still $240 a ton. I think modt of the prices listed here are pretty accurate based on my shopping around.

do you know how much they charge for delivery?

just curiosity..........

Not sure if they deliver. I borrow my landscaper buddie's Mitsubishi Dump that can handle 2 tons at a clip so I did'nt even inquire. Give them a ring and post back if you find out.

just called them for curiosity, the guy told me the pellets they have in stock are already purchased by buyers who bought them sometime ago......they'll be getting more end of sept. or so.

also, they don't deliver, they have a guy that does deliver on the side but not by the store.

I was just curious, I have my 3 tons but is good to know all the options......

Pellet Fan said:The prices listed are already all outdated

He is really right on... In econ 101 It is called the trickle down effect. Anything and evrything that has to do with solid fuels will take radical jumps in the weeks and months and for a few years to come.

mrmichaeljmoore said:
Here's an update on pellet prices for Fairfield County, CT.
All of the prices have been checked in the last day or two.

WOODPELLETS.NET
Jason Blakeslee
Dry Creek $259 credit $250 cash
NEWP $259 credit $250 cash
Hamer $259 credit $250 cash
Pro Pellet $249 credit $240 cash

delivery $55 first ton/$15 each after
Woodpellets says they're all sold out except Ozark brand (308 credit/299 cash). Delivery extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.