Fall means leaves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
That time of the year here.
No frost yet but the trees seem to know it's time.
Good time to make compost with leaves & grass & get the garden in.
Snow (termination dust) on the mts. The close peaks had a dust of snow but we had 2 days of sun & it melted :)

It's coming.

Attachments

• 100_6624.jpg
    100_6624.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 493
  • 100_6626.jpg
    100_6626.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 502
Most of the Poplar leaves have turned brown, but the Maple and oak are just starting to turn. I have exactly ONE Birch that starts turning and losing leaves earlier than anything else.
That's been going on for over a month with that tree.
Nice pic of the mountains.

The birds up there have no pride.

Yes, we're noticing a lot of leaves turning. Possible frost coming in 2 days. Even snow forecast for northern MI this week.

bogydave said:
That time of the year here.
No frost yet but the trees seem to know it's time.
Good time to make compost with leaves & grass & get the garden in.
Snow (termination dust) on the mts. The close peaks had a dust of snow but we had 2 days of sun & it melted :)

It's coming.

Looks good bogydave. We might have our first frost late this week. I guess it's time that we push in some of the shoulder season wood. (Quaking Aspen)

zap

We've had a frost here already in Eastern Canada.
Leaves are just starting to change.
A lot of rain this summer. No dry lawns, no forest fires. The trees next to standing water are already changing their colour.
Got 9 of 12 cord in so far. I'll finish putting in the rest over the next 2 weekends, if it isn't raining.
Beautiful mountains. Don't take them too much for granted. After 10 years in Anchorage and 2 in Fairbanks, I can't tell you how much I miss them now.
Thanks for the pics.
Happy burning.

SolarAndWood said:
The birds up there have no pride.

If that's In flight target practice they might actually be quite proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.