False low pellet alarm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John97

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2011
Spring Hill, FL
It was warm today, mid 50's so the stove hardly ran... Came home from work and saw the indicator that the hopper was almost empty. I checked and it was 3/4 full or better. I moved the pellets around, still showing the low pellet level indicator. I pulled the side panels and checked things out. I gave the underside if the hopper and drop tube area a few smacks lightly with just my hand. After that the indicator went away. Not sure if I should just let it go or check things out further. Any ideas?

I've never had a prob with mine, but I seem to remember people talking about the sensor getting dirty with fines.

Did you vac it out from the top or did you pull the auger?

OMG, a pellet level indicator...what next?, self feeding stoves? another selling Gimmick!
There's only one stove for me, the orignal, the best...........Whitfield!

oldmountvernon said:
opened the hopper pushed pellets out of the way put a piece of cardboard to hold them back and just vacuumed it out like that the bag i used got damp so there was alot of sawdust

Since I have an insert that might be tough so I will just let it run out and then vac out the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.