Family Christmas Party Today - No Sweat!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's the big family gathering at our house.

Last year my fireplace was still very new to me at this time of year. When we had this party, everyone was sweating. I think the temp in the livingroom was in the mid-80's. Took a bit of friendly teasing about that one.

This year I am an EXPERIENCED wood burner. I knew when to stoke up the fire and how many splits to put in to end up with a more comfortable room temperature for the time of day when the company will be here. I took into account all the factors - including the expected outside temperatures.

We'll see if anyone notices. Ideal situation would be that no one says anything at all. Like a good waiter or waitress, this is something that shouldn't draw attention to itself.

-Speak

Enjoy the company...

Don't forget all the extra body heat.

Have a great party and Merry Christmas.

Yes, all that extra body heat makes a big difference. Hope you have a great party! Merry Christmas to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.