Fan or no fan Quadra Fire 5700.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

Being my first year with this stove, I'm almost starting to think my stove puts out more heat without the fan running. Even though your moving heat with the fan, it seems like it has a cooling effect to some degree, like I would get more heat not using the fan. Is my thinking all wrong?

I would say your half right. Easy to tell by taking temps around the house with the fan on or off, see what the actual effect on your living space is, rather than the effect on the stove. If that room 25 feet away is 5 degrees warmer with the fan on, etc...you get the idea.

Franks said:
I would say your half right. Easy to tell by taking temps around the house with the fan on or off, see what the actual effect on your living space is, rather than the effect on the stove. If that room 25 feet away is 5 degrees warmer with the fan on, etc...you get the idea.
Yeh Franks, just something that kind of struck me funny. I was told the stove burns at it's best when it's 600-650, but it never reaches that temp with the fan on. I'd settle not to hear the fan running. I do have a ceiling fan about four or five feet from the stove. So I still move the heat around. Seems like it has a nicer secondary burn when the fan is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.