Fans in the walls to spread the Heat to other rooms?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaCub

Apr 4, 2008
Interior Alaska
Has anyone here heard of a type of fan that can be installed in the walls between the room thats warm from the stove and a room you'd like to get heat to? A friend said he saw them somewhere but cant remember where.

It looks like with that condar thing, if you don't need the mesh for sound deadening and light blocking, you could put a circular fan in there to send heat through it. Hmmm, I have a hallway that I could put the fan in and have it send the heat that is on the ceiling towards my bedrooms to distribute the heat in my living room where my wood stove is located.. might be a fun project..

Jay

Somebody always has to bring this up every time we have one of these threads... So I guess I'll do it this time...

Remember, if you're moving air around your house, you're also creating a path for smoke and carbon monoxide to be piped around as well.

I just want to make sure it's mentioned so that you can keep it in mind. The last thing you want to do is duct smoke and CO into a bedroom.

-SF

I've been rooting thru a ton of this stuff lately and one thing I found that helps out is a little 10"x10" box fan (couple walmart bucks) and leave it just inside the hallway on the floor blowing back toward the direction of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.