Farewell to an old warrior..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
:red: Tonight, it's raining, cold, dank, and humid. Has been for the last several days. So I did it. And tonight should be the last fire I touch off in the old Timberline. I have a buddy that will be it's new master, when he picks it up sometime this week. I swear, I think I'll micro-manage his burning habits for at least this Fall, kinda like I would expect a new mom would with a babysitter. I will miss that stove-(until the break-in with the BKK is done, then??) Any remorse out there? :red:

I'm betting you miss it for about two fires...maybe fewer. :p (I'm sure you'll teach the new Timberline burner well) Rick

Thank you, cmonSTART. I've set up a trust fund in it's honor, I'll post a link on where to send donations (deductible of course.) Fossil, I think 4-5 fires, that Stove Bright is gonna stink for awhile I think. And yeah, the new owner is all "fired up" to get it installed. But this will be a case of "Be carefull what you wish for". He's got a Regency freestanding that he doesn't burn right, and he thinks this beast is a -light it, then adjust the air knobs- then you're good to go. He truly is one of "those" people, but enough whacks on the head and it will sink in.

Beetle-Kill said:
...yeah, the new owner is all "fired up" to get it installed. But this will be a case of "Be carefull what you wish for". He's got a Regency freestanding that he doesn't burn right, and he thinks this beast is a -light it, then adjust the air knobs- then you're good to go. He truly is one of "those" people, but enough whacks on the head and it will sink in.

Yer gonna need a room in his house for a while, then. %-P I'm sure you're gonna love the BKK. Rick

Rick, I KNOW I'm gonna love the BK. And yeah, I'll be gently supervising him, as I have to spend a fair amount of time up there for the next few months.* My only cosolation is that it's going to be installed in a monster, unfinished basement, with dirt floors. The flue pipe is going out through a concrete retaining wall (we still have to core-drill the wall), and will be well out of the reach of con-flammable things. *I have to spend time up there, 'cause that's where the logs I'm getting are being dropped off. 1 bumper= 48 cord log length, and counting. That guy is gonna set me up for quite awhile. :ahhh:

My 25 year buddy stove is sitting on steel rails out back. And I still miss the damned thing every time I put wood in the replacement that is providing more heat. Seriously, I miss the damned thing. We heated this joint together for a long time. Felt like I lost a friend when I pulled it out. I could load that sucker in my sleep, and did many a night.

I go out and crank it up every once and a while just for old time sake. Or to smoke a load of pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.