farmers almanac prediction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodzilla

Dec 23, 2007
Mid-Michigan
Anyone else that has more than one seasons wood should take heart that all that hard work may come in handy. F.a. Is calling for extremely cold winter. I say bring it on.

woodzilla said:
Anyone else that has more than one seasons wood should take heart that all that hard work may come in handy. F.a. Is calling for extremely cold winter. I say bring it on.
Yeaaaaaaaaaa!

What does the farmers almanac predict for winter in my area in NE Oklahoma?

Given The Almanac's track record, I am now going to be buying up close-out suntan lotion for use on Christmas Day.

Although I don't anticipate it happening, it wouldn't bother me a bit to just let all my wood sit out there seasoning right on through a nice mild winter. Rick

Me too rick. Wouldnt the ol oil boys be upset if we had a nice warm/mild winter! They say that even though gas is going down slightly, fuel oil is gonna be higher than last year

My prediction agrees with the OFA. I've been telling folks (those that ask) to expect very cold this winter but very little snow in our area. We'll see.

I will take 1 freeze to kill off the skeeters and then 40s all winter, that would be fine with me!!!

If our current weather pattern keeps up- it will be a cold, snowy winter (of course- we finally have a break from the rain).

Last wintah was pretty hard, and spring was really late. Just been a cold pattern in general since last fall. Maybe Ragnarok is coming.

Adios Pantalones said:
If our current weather pattern keeps up- it will be a cold, snowy winter (of course- we finally have a break from the rain).

Last wintah was pretty hard, and spring was really late. Just been a cold pattern in general since last fall. Maybe Ragnarock is coming.
Its be a cool summer around here as well

Adios Pantalones said:

Last wintah was pretty hard, and spring was really late. Just been a cold pattern in general since last fall. Maybe Ragnarok is coming.

It seems every other time I read one of your comments, I gotta look something up.
you sir, are an interesting man.
Ragnarok........marvelous.... so its Fimbulvetr this winter??.... i gotta go cut the neighbors trees down.

Ah yes, hearth.com is a plethora of information!

It would not matter because everything would come appart and there would be no need to heat with wood! You are refering to the great ash tree right?

Adios Pantalones said:
I know a couple of people that will have a hard time paying for heating this winter and do not have the health to manage wood heat. I'm hoping for a mild winter for their sake.

Some people are literally going to freeze to death in their homes this winter, particularly elderly folks on SS trying to stay in big old family homes. Lots more are going to be eating cheap cat food and/or not buying their prescriptions. There's also going to be a big upsurge in fires from space heaters tipping over or frayed cords, etc. It's going to be a very ugly winter for a huge number of people even if it doesn't get too cold.

gyrfalcon said:
Adios Pantalones said:
I know a couple of people that will have a hard time paying for heating this winter and do not have the health to manage wood heat. I'm hoping for a mild winter for their sake.

Some people are literally going to freeze to death in their homes this winter, particularly elderly folks on SS trying to stay in big old family homes. Lots more are going to be eating cheap cat food and/or not buying their prescriptions. There's also going to be a big upsurge in fires from space heaters tipping over or frayed cords, etc. It's going to be a very ugly winter for a huge number of people even if it doesn't get too cold.

The worst part is that nothing gets cheaper and next winter will get worse.

for those who have family in the area, I hope they understand that I assist them!

Oldtimers have told me:

- A hot summer means a really cold winter.

- A cool summer means a really cold winter.

- A wet summer means a lot of snow in winter.

- A dry summers means a lot of snow in winter.

- All manner of worms, bugs etc. indicate what kind of winter is coming.

Now that I am an oldtimer I realize that oldtimers don't know what the hell they are talking about. :red: And that the guy on Channel 7 in D.C. is more accurate than anybody I have ever seen in my life.

When I first came to this country I realized how lucky I was. Now that I have a wood burning stove I realize even more how lucky I am.

My Gosh, What a Great Country!

Adios Pantalones said:
Supposed to be 3 early cold winters before Fimbulvetr (3 winters without summer). I figure I got a little time- so maybe I'll go on a 3year bendah starting now.

Urrp. pass the mead

You may not have mead much longer. Some kind of disease or something else is killing bee hives all over North America and Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.