February Was Too Warm!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akennyd

Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
Well, after having some really cool weather (for us in NC anyway) in December and January I figured February would be even colder. NOT! Haven't had a fire in the daytime since January, just mainly a fire at night to keep the house warm. Still enjoying the Fireview...just not using it as much as I would have based on the weather we had been having!!

Go back to bed Kenny! Holy cow, we are still looking at all white outside. Haven't seen the ground for so long we forgot what it looks like. Outside right now? Sleet. February was indeed very cold and a record maker for the amount of snow. March is forecast to be below normal temperature and above normal moisture. Guess we'll be burning for a long time yet here.

47F this morning and I am wondering why did I start a fire today? Must be on autopilot. Wussy draft notified me it was warm outside before I had a chance to check temps.

We would really be super happy to have 47 for a high temperature outside! I had to go out just a while ago. It was sleeting and raining. I headed towards the road and it turned to snow. Then I came back and got the sand out and spread a bunch of sand because our driveway near the house is all ice; thick ice. It will take some time to melt all of it for sure. I took the snow blade off yesterday so I hope not much snow falls...

Ice is no fun. Be careful with the new hip joint while walking on all that slippery stuff!

Pennsylvania- Temps have been below average since the 1st part of December and now were supposed to get another big snow event. Oh well, won't be long till it's too warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.