FFF.....Scariest flicks of all times....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Since Halloween is right around the corner, I am lookin to watch some really scary flicks this weekend...
My all time fav scary movie is Halloween (the first one)...that movie scares me for some reason...wacko in a mask I guess...
Any suggestions for good scary flicks????
and not any of those cheap low budget smut chainsaw movies dammit.... >:-( :lol:
Really really scary ones....

What are your favs???

Saw.

GAMMA RAY said:
and not any of those cheap low budget smut chainsaw movies dammit.... >:-( :lol:

Agreed-real life is usually much more scary. Open Water, the one about the couple who was accidentally left behind on a diving excursion in the islands is pretty creepy. Blair Witch was pretty scary too. Then there's that one about the guy who is awake and can feel everything, but can't move during surgery (which can actually happen)-I don't think I could bear to watch it though.

Poltergeist is my fav...followed by In the Mouth of Madness. Gore movies do nothing for me, I likes some good mind bending stuff....Monsters Inc is also pretty scary. That MIke Wizowski with his one eye...freaky.

There was that particular evening when I almost had to sit through Sex and the City.

I dont' know if could be classified as a "scary" movie, but The Road (2009) pretty much made up my mind to make sure I save one bullet for myself. No zombies, no vampires, just good 'ol fashioned people doing what we're all capable of doing to each other.

Mr. Sardonicus 1961.

uncontrolabLEE said:
I love Pacino that guys a natural.

Just don't ever let him walk behind you at the dinner table. :ahhh:

Truly Scary? Sophie's Choice. I think about it a lot because it puts everything in my life in perspective.

Halloween scary? Hellraiser movies always got under my skin.

No question, the original "The Shining", with Jack, not that lame remake with the other guy

Well there's "Creepy" scary & "Jump outta your Seat" scary.
Any of the "Freddie" movies are creepy. Jump outta your seat?
Gimme Jaws or Alien...I can STILL see almost the ENTIRE theater
leave their seats - EN MASSE - during BOTH of those movies...

My vote is for saw as well...that as really freaky....had to watch it in bursts, lol....I guess I am a wuss

GAMMA RAY said:
Since Halloween is right around the corner, I am lookin to watch some really scary flicks this weekend...
My all time fav scary movie is Halloween (the first one)...that movie scares me for some reason...wacko in a mask I guess...
Any suggestions for good scary flicks????

What are your favs???

This is my wifes pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Cold_Blood

zap

M. Night Shyamalan put out some good ones. The "Sixth Sense" and "The village" were pretty good. Not so much pop out scary, but unnerving. It makes you want to put on an extra light when going to bed.

"The others" with Nicole Kidman was good too. That was written by Alejandro Amenabar.

fishingpol said:
"The others" with Nicole Kidman was good too. That was written by Alejandro Amenabar.
GREAT movie. Totally suprising ending. It's on Netflix right now.

"Shutter Island" was kind of the same type of ending with Leonardo Di Caprio. I can barely tolerate him, but he did play a good part.

fishingpol said:
"Shutter Island" was kind of the same type of ending with Leonardo Di Caprio. I can barely tolerate him, but he did play a good part.

I read the book and it was a shocker.

hossthehermit said:
No question, the original "The Shining", with Jack, not that lame remake with the other guy

YES!

Silence of the lambs, too.

Lotsa good suggestions.....Thanks!
Halloween just came on AMC right now.....yee haw....my fav... :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.