Fiberglass tanks-Pressurized VS Non Pressurized

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparke

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2006
Maine
Does anyone have a fiberglass tank? There seem to be a fair amount of them on the market at decent prices. Also, I am wondering. How much efficiency do you give up going with pressurized storage versus non pressurized. Heat stratification is your friend. I am wondering if it is worth the extra expense for the HX ...

I sent a lot of emails to reps from differenct plastics manufacturers...nobody would commit to high temperature loads on fiberglass. Good luck with your search. I went with scrap propane tanks.

Thanks. Tuol - If I remember correctly you are going pressurized. When do you plan to be up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.