filter for 6 gallon shop vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Can I but the drywall filter for the 6 gal shopvac? I didnt see one when I was at Lowes, and wondered if they were not offered, if I could double up on the one thats on it now?

I was able to by a drywall filter at the local ACE hardware for my 5 gallon show vac. I dont think doubling up will catch all the ash, and possibly effect the vacum sucking power. My drywall filter looks like a vacum bag.

Lowes had one on sale, 5.5 hp with dry wall bag for 70 bucks.

I am trying the shopvac hepa filter. So far its very good. no dust from the vac.

Nice thing is I can use the ashes for the garden and the flower beds without having to rip open the bags.

Supposed to just have to tap the filter to clean it when dirty too!

jay

I bought mine at Wally World. 2 pack for $11 or so.

I believe Sears has some shop vac filters.

Make sure you use a high efficiency type filter. Here is what I use for my stove...

6 gallon Craftsman shop-vac $35.00: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...ame=Tools&cName=Wet-Dry+Vacs&sName=Tank+Style

High Efficiency collection bag **Can be used on cold ashes from fireplaces**: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...Name=Wet-Dry+Vacs&sName=Filters+&+Accessories

This setup is dedicated only to the pellet stove. I doesn't let any of the ash to blow back into the room. You get two bags for $10.00. I burn a little less then a ton and both collection bags will last the whole season.

So far a Very Nice setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.