Final days of pellet burning - moving to FL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John97

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2011
Spring Hill, FL
This is a sad time. I bought a shiny new Mt. Vernon AE insert last winter and have loved it. But, circumstances change in life. I got a really great opportunity at work and am moving to Florida. It's a nice promotion and I just couldn't say no.

Despite my best efforts to find a house that suited our needs which also had a fireplace, I was unable to do so.

So, I'm gonna fire it up tomorrow and enjoy it a little bit before I hopefully sell it ahead of my move in November.

I tried to keep it in the family, but my father's fireplace isn't big enough to install this beast.

I want to, believe me! But the new house doesn't have a fireplace, and since it's an insert...

Traitor. :p
J/k congrats and good luck!
Don't be a stranger.

If I can't sell it, it would be kinda nice to have a fireplace built at the new house.... Just sayin. ;)

That might be a hard sell as far as the wife is concerned.

You could always just build(or buy) a nice wooden corner mantle to put around it and pipe it through the wall or the roof. Use black stove pipe slipped over the double wall for a stove pipe look... Just an idea...

If you decide to take your stove to Florida, you can always use it for a giant paperweight.

It gets down into the 40's at night over the winter, the stove will be perfect to take the chill off.

What part of Florida?
Some winters can have cold nights, and check out the electric rates to run a heater...

Good Luck with or without the stove

Bill

To add, that stove will put off much more comfortable heat than an electric furnace or electric heater. It would definatly make a chilly evening nice and cozy...

What part of Florida?
Some winters can have cold nights, and check out the electric rates to run a heater...

Good Luck with or without the stove

Bill
Gulf Coast - about 35 miles north of Tampa.

To add, that stove will put off much more comfortable heat than an electric furnace or electric heater. It would definatly make a chilly evening nice and cozy...

Agreed! I have heat pumps now, and LOVE the heat from the Mt. Vernon in comparison. New house as heat pumps also.

Agreed! I have heat pumps now, and LOVE the heat from the Mt. Vernon in comparison. New house as heat pumps also.

Hey, look at the bright side. You may be leaving us ;hm but you may be able to find another forum that deals with air conditioning units. That's a variation on the old saying that one door closes and another opens.

:cool:

Reactions: 5654684
Please take me with you do you have a spare room I dont take much space heheehe . Good luck to you !

Heat pumps:eek: YUCK Well, definatly a great reason to buy or build a mantle and take that stove with ya. Heck, cut a hole in the wall for that matter....==c JK
Here in Oklahoma if you run into a heat pump, you run far far far away....!!! They probably act a little better in Fl. because it doesn't get as cold but still not comfortable...
Besides they are rather expensive to work on because of all the components, I know heat and air very well and I wouldn't wish a heat pump on anyone...

Anyway, good luck to ya.
Hope it all works out...

I sold the wife on the idea of getting a fireplace added, if I am "unable" to sell the stove... ;)

Reactions: will711
Promotion...! Opportunity...! Advancement...! That still happens these days in this economy? Good luck to you.

I sold the wife on the idea of getting a fireplace added, if I am "unable" to sell the stove... ;)

You won't be able to sell the stove;) I" tried Dear" we have to take it with us. Now do they sell pellets in FL?? Take your stash with you and become THE pellet pig of Florida 1 ton in FL = 5 ton in Northeast what do you think?:)

Congrats on you your new opportunity !!

Promotion...! Opportunity...! Advancement...! That still happens these days in this economy? Good luck to you.
Yep, I had to jump on it. It was too good to pass up. I'd be thrilled to take my salary from this ultra-high cost of living area down south. Getting a promotion to go down there is just icing on the cake. Thanks for the sentiments. :)

You won't be able to sell the stove;) I" tried Dear" we have to take it with us. Now do they sell pellets in FL?? Take your stash with you and become THE pellet pig of Florida 1 ton in FL = 5 ton in Northeast what do you think?:)

Congrats on you your new opportunity !!

Thanks. I got interest in the stove from a couple different folks so it looks like it's going to be finding a new home.

However....

I apparently did such a good job selling the wife on the idea of adding a fireplace to the new house that I'll probably be able to do it anyway. :cool:

Yep, I had to jump on it. It was too good to pass up. I'd be thrilled to take my salary from this ultra-high cost of living area down south. Getting a promotion to go down there is just icing on the cake. Thanks for the sentiments. :)

Thanks. I got interest in the stove from a couple different folks so it looks like it's going to be finding a new home.

However....

I apparently did such a good job selling the wife on the idea of adding a fireplace to the new house that I'll probably be able to do it anyway. :cool:

Way to go!! Good Luck!

Congrats on the promotion! One question, Can you even find pellets in Florida?

I think it would be difficult. However, there is a pellet mill there. Maybe they sell direct.

I put it up for sale. If it sells, it sells. If not, I'm taking it with me. I have to at least make the effort to sell it, as per the wife.

If it sells and you get what you want for it, maybe you can get yourself a free standing stove. less work then building a chimmney. You won't have your Mt. Vernon insert, but you would still be able to enjoy the heat from a pellet stove !

Reactions: will711
Status
Not open for further replies.