finally bought a new saw..stihl ms290

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkbar2311

Mar 16, 2010
SE Michigan
Got a fair deal..free chain, discounted case, free hat. Now I need to use it.

You'll like it. I normally run a 16" bar on mine, but have a 20" for it too.

I didn't get a free hat or case though. I'm jealous. I had to pay $10 for my Stihl hat.

Matt

Took the plunge today also on a stihl ms 250, my homelite super 2 circa 1996 seemes to have a carberator issue. I shopped around I know the new homelites are garbage so i went with a fairly open mind as to brand when the 139$ craftsman is 200 dollars with a longer than 30 day warrenty a quality product (american made) stihl for 300$ started looking like a good deal hit a downed red maple and cut it up in no time flat nice saw I am a happy but 300$ poorer camper

Clarkbar2311 said:
Got a fair deal..free chain, discounted case, free hat. Now I need to use it.

The hat's the main thing. In Texas, it's all about the hat.

I got a good deal recently at a little bitty country store/Stihl dealer. I called them looking for a case for my MS390. He said he had a case for $35 and would throw in a free chain. I went out there Sunday after church. I picked up the chain and the case. I told the lady at the register what the man on the phone had told me the day before. She said "I can do better than that. I'll charge you for the chain and give you the case for free!"

"Well, Okay," says I. $22 bucks out the door with a new 16 inch Stihl chain and a brand new case.

But no hat.

Think i'm gonna grab a 290 also. Tax return is coming back. I only do about 5-6 cords per year. I think it would be a good compliment to my smaller 180. No need for a pro saw for me,,,at least not yet.

You will love the 290 and the 250. I picked up a used 064 today in great shape for 350 fresh top end last year

Status
Not open for further replies.