Finally did it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
I usually work 3p-11p but today I am working 7a-3p and it figures that it would be a cool rainy day. I got up fifteen minutes earlier than I would have normally and got a fire started. I let the kindling get going good while I got showered and dressed. I came back out and put more wood on for a longer burn (not stuffed just a few) and got it rolling pretty good. 2 minutes before I needed to leave I damped it down and flipped the cat (around 225F) and off she went!

I texted my wife at 10am and asked her how the fire was and she said it was great and that she just added another log. Very satisfying to know that I was able to provide the family some comfort while they did their schoolwork....and I wasn't even there! :)

fv

Sounds good. It's nice to be able to load up the stove, go to work and know you will come home to a warm house and plenty of coals to get it going again.

Sounds good man! It's pretty cold and gross here too so I have our cranked as I work. It feels great considering I have the never-ending-cold/sinus infection.

Congrats on the stove! I really love those Woodstocks.

Thanks! It was still going when I got home, albeit one log but still going and under 250F. I've got it rolling again and enjoying a nice evening by the fire.

f v

Sweet.
So easy to get hooked on burning wood.
It just feels good! :)

Good to know you've got the Fireview figured out. As the days and nights get colder, you'll just put more wood in at a time. We've had a fire going all day today and will keep it going all night too. Seems the cold air is slowly moving our way but late this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.