Finally found a stove store worth going to

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiber

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
Philadelphia
Good lord.

I know there's some audubon/valley forge people who read this including one person who literally lives on the road behind me.

So far on the VC project I had been told:
1) The stove doesn't take heat shields
2) The stoves heat shields are built in
3) This is not a stove

Having the day off today, I decided to swing by the stove shop (yes that's it name). He keeps goofy hours, but not only is the guy really nice, he actually knows what he's talking about and he's willing to not only pour over the manual with me but pull stuff out of the back to look at it.

That being said, he thinks the stove has a bottom heat shield since they were standard (my confidence is high, but anyone else familiar with the 1910 is more than welcome to contribute) and confirmed from the pictures that the stove didn't have a rear shield. I would have brought the stove, but... you know.

So I bought the OAK and the rear shields, the total with tax was $208 which is a damn sight better than I'd been quoted elsewhere.

Of course I told my wife I wasn't spending anything more on this until we got the township papers back, so if you don't see me for awhile you can ask if laptops poison your catalytic next time I'm on...

I know Bill Ryan!
He must be old now, like me!

He was the first Vermont Castings dealer in PA - back when it was a license to print money. They actually opened a second shop in NJ right down the road from our shop, which we did not take to kindly....but, all's well that ends well...they left after a few years.

well if itll make you happy i will say hi. if hes going to charge me double maybe not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.