Finally got a lowes----update open today 10/7

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
So I am finally getting s lowes here... YAY. Not sure when it is opening though. I heard in october but I can't find any info. They have put it up fast. Less than 1 year. Hoping for a grand opening sale on wood pellets.

update: so Lowes open today. They have green supremes for $3.94 a bag. didn't see a ton price so I am guessing it would $197. Don't know if it is an opening price or will stay that price.

chrisasst said:
So I am finally getting s lowes here... YAY. Not sure when it is opening though. I heard in october but I can't find any info. They have put it up fast. Less than 1 year. Hoping for a grand opening sale on wood pellets.

That is nice!

Get a Lowe's charge card so no matter what the sale is on wood pellets you get an additional 5% off with the charge card!

Attachments

• AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,022
Lowes in my area is expensive for pellets also. $5.79 bag for somersets. They will match other stores price within a 50 mile radius. They let me have them for $4.49 a bag matching the price with TSC.

Why does TSC not charge tax on pellets and lowes does. The guy at lowes response. We charge tax on everything. Pissed me off a bit $40 extra on 3 tons of fuel. I would have bought them from TSC but the local one has none in stock yet and i would have to drive an extra 30 miles to the next closest one and since i can only haul 25 at a time it was not cost effective.

jdempsey said:
Why does TSC not charge tax on pellets and lowes does. The guy at lowes response. We charge tax on everything.......

You need to do some searching of the Kentucky State Tax Laws as it pertains to wood or biomass fuel for home heating. The Lowes employee response is not acceptable, IMO.

I'm glad to hear that you're getting a Lowes in your area. I hope you get the nice $197 a ton (3.94 per bag) price that I'm seeing in Pennsylvania. I stopped by a Lowes recently and it seems that they are selling "Pres-to-Logs" brand, which seems to be a Lignetics derivative.

Attachments

• Lowes1.jpg
    Lowes1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 958
  • lowes2.jpg
    lowes2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 946
  • Lowes3.jpg
    Lowes3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 953
Just picked up 4 tons of presto's at Lowes here in Jersey. $179/ton......No Tax.

Burned 10 or so bags at the end of the season last year and they seemed ok, but for $179, how could I go wrong?

Not too far from you $209 a ton not sure what brand they have mine changes about every 2 weeks.
Sign up online tell them your moving you get a 10% cupon but dont do it till your ready they only last a short time.

When I got my Greenways from a not quite local Lowes, I took a picture that some kind soul here had posted that showed the same pellet at their Lowes for $3.74 a bag. They wouldn't honor it since it was a sale far away from here. I wrote to Corporate Lowes and the next day, the local store manager said I could have as much as I wanted for $3.74. Got 4 tons in the spring. Maybe someone can post a recent picture of that $179 a ton for you and you can use the same strategy.

We have no Lowes in our town because the mayor owns the ACE Hardware store!!!!!!! Good ole boy politics. :sick:

j-takeman said:
I would for you but they just went up to $224/ton here!

Ouch, everything is going up and up!

NATE379 said:
They are $$$$$ here... about $6/bag.
Yea min wage up there is like $20hr!!
All avg's out anywere you live, dont like it ....move!
Dont think i could ever live where the sun dont shine for 4-6 months

You can gat a "moving package" at the post office and in it they have a 10% off coupon for Lowes for anything over $50. Our Lowes has the Green Supremes for $159/ton.

Don2222 said:
chrisasst said:

That is nice!

Get a Lowe's charge card so no matter what the sale is on wood pellets you get an additional 5% off with the charge card!

Doesn't that 5% work only on orders over $250? That's what their website says anyway. I thought the same thing so I checked.

Ohio P43 said:
You can gat a "moving package" at the post office and in it they have a 10% off coupon for Lowes for anything over $50. Our Lowes has the Green Supremes for $159/ton.
just check the coupon in there, we just moved in Aug. I went in to Lowes to get a tool I needed, oops, the card expired back in feb.

Ohio P43 said:

I thought I was getting a killer deal on GT's from my local Lowes but you've got an even better deal. I haven't been there in about 2 weeks so don't know if price went up since but I purchased mine for 179/ton plus I used the 10% that brought it down to about 162/ton, still a good deal. If you used a 10% coupon you will get a ton for 143, nice.

BTW, apply for the moving coupon on their website and get the 10% off. I tried using the coupon together with getting a new credit card to get an additional 5% but offers cannot be combined so I was only able to save 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.