Finally got a stove/insert! And it's a......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
I can hear a couple of you sigh with relief! Happy New Year to all!
We decided we would like the tax credit for 2009 so we bit the bullet and quit messin' around. Brought it home today.

Bought a Lopi Republic 1750i Insert. (Same as Lopi Revere insert with a different door and ash lip, or same as the Lop Endeavor stove and Lopi Republic stove) It's all unpacked and sitting in the living room sans door and blower. In the shed is a new 20' insul flex liner kit from magnaflex, (member the Heat Element). I have a hearth extender pad and mantel shield on mail order, and a handyman coming to install it this weekend.

We got this from a dealer an hour away who had it in stock and was pretty knowledgeable. We will be waiting on the surround till it comes in.

I'm hoping we'll be pleased with it after all this! I think our flush hearth may end up being a pain, to get down on the floor to load the box, but it's what we are stuck with if we wanted to keep our current mantel and surround etc without a whole lot of revision.

I want to thank all of you on here who have been so great about answering my questions, especially Brother Bart, Mellow, BeGreen, StoveguyESW, DrDoct, and Heat Element. Plus others, thank you.

I'm sure I will have a ton more questions as soon as she's up and running. Thanks all and Happy New Year!

Oh yeah, price. Altogether with the surround, blower, etc, the stove was $2128.00, $2234.40 with tax. No deals, no discounts etc, I assume it's MSRP. The 20', 6" diameter pre-insulated liner kit was $525.

We love our Endeavor, and you should get a lot of pleasure out of that 1750i. Welcome to the Lopi family. Hope everything goes well with the install!

Pagey said:
We love our Endeavor, and you should get a lot of pleasure out of that 1750i. Welcome to the Lopi family. Hope everything goes well with the install!

Cool, thank you very much!. I already have questions for you - do you actually cut the wood 18" and load it front to back, or do you cut it shorter and load it both ways?

The Endeavor's fire box is, conveniently, as deep as it is wide. I cut to about 16" and load N/S 99% of the time. It's just much, much easier for packing it for an overnight and not having to worry about anything falling against the glass. And the extra 2" allows the primary/glass air wash to really kick things off.

:exclaim: WHEW! :exclaim: :lol:

Congratulations. That should warm up the house nicely.

Hope so, we like it WARM! The new heat pump just ain't cuttin it!

That EPA Englander was quite a great deal and really a good stove. Too bad it didn't work for us, but I am glad we've finally found something that will work for us with a lot less trouble (Even if it is six times the price.....)

Thanks again for your help and patience.
(and PS, if you think getting one will keep me from surfing craigslist for deals, you are sadly mistaken! It will take a while to break that addiction...)

Hey tick that is one nice looking insert

Bravo :)

Now be sure to post some pics when that bad boy is up and running!

Attachments

• lopi.jpg
    lopi.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 385
They resize if posted as an attachment. I applied some shrinkoil to it.

Congrats Tick, your itchin to get burning this year or shall I say next year, which is in 2.5 hrs. Glad to see you were not swayed to do the free stove route. Installing that liner and cutting out the damper and attaching that insert to the liner should be a breeze ;) (theoretically). Don't forget to get your sheet metal from Lowes (or HD) to do the block off plate, you will need it with that big flue you got.

Thanks JFG, BG, and Mellow. I will definitely post a pic when it's totally done! I like seeing that one pictured there because it's on a flush hearth like I've got. They are usually pictured on raised hearths.

Mellow coincidentally I was just looking at the block off plate instructions here. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/making_a_block_off_plate/

This one doesn't say anything about insulating it though. Shouldn't it be insulated? And if so, with "rockwool?" Doubt I'll be able to find that, perhaps I could use something else? Unfaced fiberglass? Will continue searching.

But thanks again Mellow you have always been very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.