Finally got my Hearth Transplant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinovid7

Oct 25, 2011
Central Saskatchewan
Hello Everyone

Finally found a decent woodstove for my 1000 sq.ft Lindal Cedar.

Ex wife ripped out previous Jotul "Easter Island Statue" here since 1975 on way out the door and left me Hearthless and Cold.

I tried out a Blaze King Royal Guardian and so far it has been very good. It has the fans and puts out quite a bit and at below freezing it is doing just fine so far.

I am however in the middle of the Canadian Prairie and We have yet to see if it will keep it warm at far colder temperatures down to -40 at worst.

It is nice to have a fire rekindled in my Hearth again and so far I am very pleased with the performance and as i work from home it is ok to feed the small firebox often.

Happy Woodburning Everyone !

I just love the thread title. :lol:

Congratulations. You don't want to be without good heat in that region. Good to hear the transplant was a success.

And the heat goes on, and the beat goes on.

For anyone wondering, -40 C is the same temp as -40 F, when this guy says he needs heat, he's serious.

Sure hope that stove fits the bill. Keep us updated!

pen

Trinovid7 said:
Hello Everyone

Finally found a decent woodstove for my 1000 sq.ft Lindal Cedar.

Ex wife ripped out previous Jotul "Easter Island Statue" here since 1975 on way out the door and left me Hearthless and Cold.

I tried out a Blaze King Royal Guardian and so far it has been very good. It has the fans and puts out quite a bit and at below freezing it is doing just fine so far.

I am however in the middle of the Canadian Prairie and We have yet to see if it will keep it warm at far colder temperatures down to -40 at worst.

It is nice to have a fire rekindled in my Hearth again and so far I am very pleased with the performance and as i work from home it is ok to feed the small firebox often.

Happy Woodburning Everyone !

Look at it this way, you got your starter marriage out of the way and, in the end, it resulted in a new stove.

Thank You All for the show of support!

So far so good with the stove and it seems to be throwing off more warmth than the ex wife, and with any luck, i will have learned my lessons !

On a serious note, it is all forgiven and in the end She did Me a great favor as this one is very efficient and i need to carry wood up the stairs...

This house is built into the side of a hill so there is another 1000 sq ft downstairs and so i am thinking of another wood source, maybe a pioneer maid cookstove as i understand they throw big heat with the oven door open.

On the upside my fiance used to be a professional baker and is interested in a good oven...hmnn sounds like the start of a plan !!! Me bad...

Warm in Saskatchewan...so far...

Check out the Esse Ironheart; that stove won't be going anywhere. Wife #2 might lean against it a little to see if it will shift, and then decide she can live with your trails of dirty socks and spelling bee trophies after all.

Warming a 2000sf house with a mid-size woodstove here. We get -40F, but not the prarie winds, so I think you have an excellent rationale for getting a second stove. This is not a good place to come if you're trying to get talked out of another stove. Think of us as your happy enablers. We encourage people to build an addition just to have a good reason to install a heater.

Well Thank You !

I will add that to the stove to look out for..

I am pretty good with the dirty socks, but the only trophy i have..well i guess i do not have any..I used to have a Hunter Safety Certificate. It helps to tain You to prevent your gun from going off prematurely.

They revoked that however and i am too old and embarassed to do it all over again.

My ex stole all my guns anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.