Finally got to see the Portage and Main Optimizer 250

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

altheating

The factory rep brought the Portage & Main Optimizer 250 to the Empire Farm Days show at Seneca Falls New York. I was pleasantly surprised, the unit was built like a tank. 1/4" double welded steel construction. Full refractory gasification nozzle. (not a tin box like in some others) a three inch thick ceramic target plate under the nozzle. 100' of 1.25" water cooled heat exchangers, two 3" vertical tube water cooled heat exchangers. built on the same outer designs of the traditional Portage and Main furnace. We had many complements on the look, design and overall raggedness of the furnace. The factory rep was offering $1500 bucks off the retail of $11,500 with an additional $500 on the spot bonus. If anyone is interested in seeing it we will have the unit at the Boonville Woodsmen's Show this coming weekend Aug 21, 22 and 23rd. I have some pictures, maybe I can get them posted later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.