Finally have my wood stove going (pics) updated!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopernator

Jul 5, 2011
U.S.A
www.woodheat.org
I have finally have my wood stove going as I speak its 12am EST. Seems to be doing well the secondaries seem to be working after 30 minutes.
Installed single walled pipe inside and double through the attic and roof. Ofcourse an attic insulation shield with a chimeney cap lol.
Built the hearth pad to accomodate a larger wood stove just in case 66†x 66â€. I really would like the Progress Hybrid but we’ll see.
Well I’ll keep you all updated I know I was a little late starting but nonetheless it is done. And thanks again to everyone that has helped
me out and all the valuable info on the forums and to the mods THANK YOU. Good night.

Chopernator

pics tomorrow I hope. lol

Well tomorrow never comes…so here are some pics this took me longer than expected cause of work and all. This was my
first time laying tile down so dont criteec it too bad lol…spelling. Started burning on the 29th on November. Not to bad being
a smaller stove about mid way down from the house (ranche) the temp is around 72 to 74 degrees. Our bedroom is at a cool 66. I
have a fan blowing near the stove to circulate the heat but being a smaller stove what do you expect. A 2000 sqft home
with a 1500 or so stove. This was such a load off of my shoulders having the hearth finished I am so relieved you have no
idea. But here you go as promised. Oh the last pic is of my dog that passed away last Nov. She always stayed by my
side whenever I was out splitting or doing whatever, we miss you molly. 11 years with me. Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_4044.jpg
    100_4044.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 100_4058.jpg
    100_4058.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 388
  • 100_4060.jpg
    100_4060.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 388
  • 100_4061.jpg
    100_4061.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_4075.jpg
    100_4075.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 100_3676.jpg
    100_3676.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 379
Either the date on your camera is way off, or I've been drinking a lot more than I thought.

BrowningBAR said:
Either the date on your camera is way off, or I've been drinking a lot more than I thought.
Yeah I forgot to set the date on it lmao....

Chopernator said:
BrowningBAR said:
Yeah I forgot to set the date on it lmao....

Oh, thank god. I can keep drinking.

Hope the stove continues to work well for you.

<--------- Im a hunka, hunka of burnin love....lol

Nice! :cheese:

That looks great. The whole thing. Enjoy the heat.

BB - Who has never gotten up the guts to lay one tile his whole life.

Chopernator said:
<--------- Im a hunka, hunka of burnin love....lol

Nice! :cheese:

Easy there Elvis. :lol:

Great looking install . . . and loving Browning Bar's comments. :)

HOLY COW YOU COULD FIT A BAR ON THAT HEARTH PAD! No really that is an awesome Chopernator good job.

hillclimber said:
Looks great,nothing like wood heat, beautiful dog!
Welcome to the forums. Glad to see your first post on my topic lol thanks. Enjoy!

Cute little guy. Looks like you have lots of room there to change to the 30 later :p

Great looking setup, job well done. Hope you are as happy with it as many here have wound up being.

pen

Pete1983 said:
HOLY COW YOU COULD FIT A BAR ON THAT HEARTH PAD! No really that is an awesome Chopernator good job.
Thank ya, thank ya Just decided to make it larger
in case I do purchase a larger wood stove in which case I will be. Always think and plan ahead.....

Bigger is better mine is 4*6 ft way overkill and better yet the wife hates it. :lol: She wouldn't give up the wood heat though lol.

Pete1983 said:
Bigger is better mine is 4*6 ft way overkill and better yet the wife hates it. :lol: She wouldn't give up the wood heat though lol.
Yeah mine doesnt mind the heat either lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.