Finally - Home Depot Salem NH - MWPs & Stove Chow !! Pellet Pig Time - Only 6 hrs !!! More back in N

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well it was worth the wait. Salem NH Home Depot Just got some Wood Pellets in Finally!!

$3.94 per bag and with a Military ID $3.54 Per Bag and NO Sales Tax. Not Bad !!

As of 8/20/2011 Lowes and Home depot both have Premium Wood pellets now for approx $4.00 per bag!!

Attachments

• HDStoveChow&mwpSC.jpg
    HDStoveChow&mwpSC.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,346
  • HDStoveChowSC.jpg
    HDStoveChowSC.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,436
  • HDStoveChow13BagsSC.jpg
    HDStoveChow13BagsSC.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,255
  • HD-MWPsSC.jpg
    HD-MWPsSC.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,227
Gotta love the broken bags spilling pellets on the ground and the broken pallets. I am all for a deal, but you have to inspect the big box product carefully.

My Home Depot has those MWP in the white bag. I was turned off by no companny adress on the bag.

I also thought it was said that this years production used bags with a Cabin picture on the front ????

yes they do.. i just got 3 tons made last week and they have the cabin on the bag....in Maine... sibs

Cabin on the bag will be found at the pellet dealers. The stove bag is for the box stores. Same MWP pellet inside AFAIK.

Oh, I see. My limited inside storage area is almost filled with over 3.5 tons on hand, probably closer to 4. I have outside storage area, but dont like to do that till clear of hurricane season.

I think I see pellet burners having the cheapest heating winter in at least three years here?

BrotherBart said:
I think I see pellet burners having the cheapest heating winter in at least three years here?

Maybe. Premium is still averaging 250 ish in my area. Oil was 3.42 2 days ago. But I think once people see how cold this winter may be, prices will go up. I know several people who are getting into pellets again after a break when oil was down.

Price forcast was low to start the season, But major increase's coming our way in New England anyway. An insider has told me they raised prices 3 times so far and the fall price is going to be more than $30/ton more than the spring buy price at the pellet house. Possible to see even more increase buy the time the season kickes off. Bigbox price war might keep things lower than what could have been. IDK for sure, It's a wait and see for now.

I am over stuffed right now and will keep the stash over full with the current prices. I'll get stingy if the prices climb like they did in 2008.

iron stove said:
BrotherBart said:

Maybe. Premium is still averaging 250 ish in my area. Oil was 3.42 2 days ago. But I think once people see how cold this winter may be, prices will go up. I know several people who are getting into pellets again after a break when oil was down.

Hello

Last winter was my second season with Wood pellets and Not using any oil for Heating. It was the first season where I saved a ton of money for heating!

I Just paid $3.46 per gallon for my oil fill-up a week ago. So the bill was $710.00 dollars but it will last me ALL winter. The oil price is really absurd since the last time I bought oil last September it was $2.59 per gallon!

So pellets at $3.94 per bag or $3.54 per bag with a Military or Moving 10% discount, I am just Soooo glad the Wood Pellets are starting to really pay off!!!

Attachments

• WoodPellets.jpg
    WoodPellets.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,024
Just got back from Salem Home Depot ..... sold out !!!! Said they should have more coming in the next day or two....not sure what the pricing will be..... have to move fast when the pricing is this low.

Hello

So from my original post last night (8-2-2011) at 8:22 PM till approx 12:00 noon time today (8-03-2011), some of you guys cleaned HD out of 7.5 tons!! The store was only open for approx 6 hours!!!!

That is some serious Pellet Pigging or Pellet Pigory!!!

Oink, Oink LOL

>:-(

Shh: Its a secret
Plaistow New Hampshire Home Depot has Stove Chow pellets @$197.00 a ton. Has had them for 2 weeks
Don't tell anyone as I will use them for my storage place and will go there and get a bag or two all winter.
Kidding: I have 2 tons stacked in the cellar

Post a tip on pellets and the pig's will fetch them! Best not to get in the way of the pig rush, Things could get ugly. I have see pigs knock an old person down or shove them aside just to get the last bag of fuel left on the pallet!

:cheese:

Don2222 said:
Hello

Well it was worth the wait. Salem NH Home Depot Just got some Wood Pellets in Finally!!

And you only bought 13 bags??? That's no pig.

You might lose your membership doing that. ;-P

imacman said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

And you only bought 13 bags??? That's no pig.

You might lose your membership doing that. ;-P

Hi Pete

LOL, That was a test trip to see if they would take my good friend's Military ID. It is a VA ID for Medical, not an Active ID. They took it fine, since it had his pic and everything on it! I just gave him the cash at the register. Then I went back for more! LOL

I have a little over 3 tons now, so that will get me thru this coming winter easily. I wish I could buy more but no storage! I have contracted to build a 10x10 shed next month. Not sure how many I could fit in there? Actually that will free up space in the garage where I would like to put them!

See pics - 75 bags in Garage and 79 bags in Basement!
Maine's choice, Logik-e, Stove Chow and Green Supreme NEWPs in the clear bags!

Still, I would like to try some of those Super Premium Geneva pellets!! Many Great Choices this year!!!

Attachments

• 1.5TonMainesChoiceInGarageSC.jpg
    1.5TonMainesChoiceInGarageSC.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 833
  • SummerBas2011stashSC.jpg
    SummerBas2011stashSC.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 861
bwep said:
Just got back from Salem Home Depot ..... sold out !!!! Said they should have more coming in the next day or two....not sure what the pricing will be..... have to move fast when the pricing is this low.

Hi Bwep

You need to contact Lowe's Corporate for a price match since they are 2 blocks away from Home Depot on RT 28 in Salem NH.

I did it last year and they told the Lowe's Store manager to give me a call and do the Price Match!

You can call or fill out the web form. Please click here.
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...geView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&faqId=20

Just present a reasonable case like No One in Town in will pay $5.97 per bag for Lowe's Premium Wood Pellets when you can get Home Depot Premium Wood pellets down the street for $3.94 per bag.

Also find out Walmart's price and tell them that Dodge Grain has even better Super Premium Wood Pellets by Geneva for only $4.66 per bag
See link below
http://www.dodgegrain.biz/content.aspx?cid=41

Download the pics below here for proof. Remember, Pellet Price wars do not start on their own!! Only you or a savvy customer can start one!!!

Also Tell Lowes that $5.97 Everyday Low price on the sign is NOT good advertising since that is a VERY HIGH price!!

Attachments

• LowesNWPsGSsc (3).jpg
    LowesNWPsGSsc (3).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 855
  • HDStoveChow&mwpSC.jpg
    HDStoveChow&mwpSC.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 833
  • DodgeGrainGenevaSP.jpg
    DodgeGrainGenevaSP.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 851
Don2222 said:
bwep said:

Hi Bwep

You need to contact Lowe's Corporate for a price match since they are 2 blocks away from Home Depot on RT 28 in Salem NH.

I did it last year and they told the Lowe's Store manager to give me a call and do the Price Match!

You can call or fill out the web form. Please click here.
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...geView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&faqId=20

Just present a reasonable case like No One in Town in will pay $5.97 per bag for Lowe's Premium Wood Pellets when you can get Home Depot Premium Wood pellets down the street for $3.94 per bag.

Also find out Walmart's price and tell them that Dodge Grain has even better Super Premium Wood Pellets by Geneva for only $4.66 per bag
See link below
http://www.dodgegrain.biz/content.aspx?cid=41

Download the pics below here for proof. Remember, Pellet Price wars do not start on their own!! Only you or a savvy customer can start one!!!

Also Tell Lowes that $5.97 Everyday Low price on the sign is NOT good advertising since that is a VERY HIGH price!!

Funny I did swing in to the Lowes down the street and presented my case .... only to be told they only match same exact brand price. Pointed out they won't be selling many at that price, $100 dollars cheaper down the street. They just shugged me off. Quess i now know I have to go farther up the chain :)

Side note... on a tip from above post I was able to get MWP at the Plastow home depot for 197. They stated they had 30 tons out back and more coming in.

Thanks for all the info and attachments..... going to give Lowes corperate a call.....see if i can get the game moving :)

Hello

You were Like Preaching to the Quire, call corporate for a better response!!

Go to it and start the Price War please~!

Hello

Talked to Salem NH Home Depot clerk tonight and there are 21 tons of pellets that are OVERDUE and another 21 tons on the way!!!

How can you have 21 tons of OVERDUE wood pellets??

Where oh where did our pellets go? Where oh where can they be?
Bring Back Oh Bring Back, Bring back my wood pellets to me!!

Were they stolen? Is the 18 wheeler lost? How about a paperwork problem?

Anyway, should be 42 tons very soon!

Don2222 said:
How can you have 21 tons of OVERDUE wood pellets??

Where oh where did our pellets go? Where oh where can they be?
Bring Back Oh Bring Back, Bring back my wood pellets to me!!

Don, with your luck? They will probably be Inferno's! :)

Hi J

Infernos burn in my stove fine. If the the price was $100 to $125 a ton I would buy them. :)

However HD does not sell them and Lowe's never got anymore in after their 1st 22 tons last year. They learned their lesson!~

This year, Lowe's in Salem NH is on a quality wood pellet kick. They say they have got the best pellets. NEWPs Green Supreme in the clear bags for $5.97 per bag EVERY DAY LOW PRICE! Still the price is not right and I would rather buy infernos then pay $6.00 a bag !!!!

Attachments

• LowesNWPsGSsc (3).jpg
    LowesNWPsGSsc (3).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 663
  • LowesNWPsGSsc (2).jpg
    LowesNWPsGSsc (2).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 725
  • LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 649
I might consider them at $125/ton. But early/late shoulders would be all I could stand. Any thing below 45ºF and I would need to pull them for something with more heat. And my stove burns ANY pellet! I'd rather burn ACP's than Inferior's IMHO! At least they produce BTU's.

They do have a use = "If you want a fire when its in the 60's" House temps shouldn't rise much and Sure do have some funky flames!

j-takeman said:
I might consider them at $125/ton. But early/late shoulders would be all I could stand. Any thing below 45ºF and I would need to pull them for something with more heat. And my stove burns ANY pellet! I'd rather burn ACP's than Inferior's IMHO! At least they produce BTU's.

They do have a use = "If you want a fire when its in the 60's" House temps shouldn't rise much and Sure do have some funky flames!

Hi Jay

Well ACPs produce alot of ash and are not premium pellets but they do not claim to be premium! LOL
ACP Review, you right atleast alot more BTUs with ACPs !!!
http://www.woodpelletreview.org/2008/12/acp-appling-county-pellets.html

Anyway
Here is a guy who loves to burn Hammers and Turman wood pellets during the summertime in his Traeger wood pellet grill!!

http://www.woodpelletreview.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.