Finally Winter in Ontario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Winter has FINALLY arrived in Ontario. Up until the day before Xmas, we thought it was going to be a GREEN Xmas. We did get snow for the holiday. Yesterday it was 34F and raining. Woke up this a.m. to 14F, 8 inches of snow being blown around by 30mph winds and a wind chill of -2F. Worked outside all day plowing snow and cutting and splitting the grapple load I got 2 days ago. As I write this it is -2F with a strong NW wind. The 30 is rolling along @ 450 in one end of the house, and the lil' R-3 is rollin along @450 in the other end. Temp. is 75 in the ENTIRE house. Best of all, the oil furnace hasn't run in weeks. Gotta love this wood heat.

Sounds like you have the heat under control. How did the cutting go?

zap

zapny said:

zap

Only about 1/3 way thru the load. Had to spend about 3 hrs. moving snow yesterday. It is -24 here right now, so gonna give it a couple hours to warm up a bit. Fortunately, no wind so far today. The heavy wind yesterday really made it uncomfortable.

You guys make me happy knowing that winter has come to you finally. I'm happy that it has yet to find us. We have only a very light snow cover. Forecast some today but looks like all we'll get is a few flurries. Temp +28 here.

Backwoods Savage said:
You guys make me happy knowing that winter has come to you finally. I'm happy that it has yet to find us. We have only a very light snow cover. Forecast some today but looks like all we'll get is a few flurries. Temp +28 here.

28................what I would give to have that for the next several days. Enjoy that Dennis.

rottiman said:
zapny said:

zap

Only about 1/3 way thru the load. Had to spend about 3 hrs. moving snow yesterday. It is -24 here right now, so gonna give it a couple hours to warm up a bit. Fortunately, no wind so far today. The heavy wind yesterday really made it uncomfortable.

Did some plowing at our place Rottiman, after last year (ran out of room) I made some new areas that I could push the snow. We had minus 8 for a reading at our place this morning, with the windchill I think it was minus 16.

The wind was bad here yesterday too, left early from work and the roads were slick.

zap

yeah, we got it winter yesterday too...wish it never came garage is all craped up with salt from the roads and all the other pains that come with winter. Life is easier with out it...can't wait for spring...
md

I am not going to tell you what the temp is here. It would just make you jealous. :smirk: We will get your temps soon enough with January and February coming. In fact, it is rare that it is this warm here at the end to December, but I will take it. Haven't burned half as much wood as I did last year.
Oh, don't click on my weather station in my signature, you will know what the temp is here :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.