Finding the right conversion kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bieser

Feb 3, 2008
New York
Hope any of you can help. I recently purchased a used Quadra Fire Gas stove. It is set up for LP gas and I need to get the conversion kit for NG. I dont seem to be able to find what I need on the net. Does anybody know the part number and what in contains. I've been to a local dealer but I think I'm being jerked around.

Tell me what model you have and I can get you the exact parts and part numbers you need. You will need to replace the valve regulator, burner orifice, and pilot orifice.

Can you check the MFG date on the rating plate. There was an original Colbumbia Bay and then the "Columbia Bay FS-B" look for the exact model number. If you have the "B" this will be a heck of a lot easier. They started making the "B" in late 2003.

Ok... this is quite tricky to get figured out. You definitely need to order all three parts separately.

Valve Regulator is easy: 844-8550
This should be the correct pilot orifice: 842-4440

Burner orifice... This seems to be the really old one: 842-1120
Possibly from this unit: 840-0260 Columbia Bay NG FS (No Ped or Grill) 2/29/2000 #650000 through 12/4/2000 #652124

This is for the next revision of the unit as far as I can tell: 842-0860
I am not sure when mfg was started on this one. There is a 2 year gap in the obsolete unit listing.

If your units serial number falls in the range above then it *should* be that orifice. Then there is also this "Columbia Bay Enhanced" I found mention of (which has yet another different burner orifice: 19837) and I have no idea what that is. If you get the serial number and we still can't figure it out I can call Quad this coming week.

Thanks. You have really been a great help. The serial # for this unit is 651109. The regulator is a SIT-820 NOVA mV. The local dealer tried to order the parts but is no longer affiliated with Quadra Fire products. Is there a possibility that these orifices are a certain type that can be purchased from a gas supplier. It is on a pedestal

Sounds like you have the original Columbia Bay, number 1109 off the assembly line in fact. I could order the parts and ship them for you, or just use the quadrafire webpage to find a dealer near you. I would want to call Quad about the burner orifice before ordering to see if they can verify the correct part.

If you want me to order and ship just PM me your contact info and I can call you this week. It might take up to 3 weeks to get the parts from Quad if they don't have any stock at our regional warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.