Finished Keystone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack22

Mar 10, 2011
Warren County, New Jersey
Well here she is. Other than a few finishing touches my Keystone is basically ready. I have my final inspection today. I am looking forward to my first fire.

Attachments

• september 2011 import 002-3.jpg
    september 2011 import 002-3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 313
Very nice looking setup you have there! You must have animals and or children to have the protection up, good thinking.

Just out of curiosity, is that double walled stovepipe your using in this picture?

Looks great, I like the gray colored Woodstock's. You must have some little ones running around looking at the gate?

Looks great - it will look much better with a big fire going.

Take it easy with the break-in fires. Once they are behind you, let that stove rip!

Enjoy!

Bill

Thanks for the compliments. I have a very energetic one year old boy so I figured the gate would be a good idea. The stove pipe is what the call close clearance pipe aka double wall pipe. I used it along with a rear heat shield so I could get as close to that back wall as possible.

I have four way to active little ones, and the gate you have there is a fantastic idea until your little boy gets a little older... Nice work.

Congrats!!! Looks great!!!

Here are some pics of the chimney. Goes through a second floor bedroom then through the attic. I may paint the stove pipe in the future but for now I think it looks ok since it matches the granite hearth and the black hearth gate.

Attachments

• chimney 002.jpg
    chimney 002.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 240
  • chimney 003.jpg
    chimney 003.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 219
You're going to enjoy that Jack.

Appreciate the pics of the pipe route. It's interesting the work involved in making the pipe get to the roofline. (ie: can I go here?, will this be too many elbows? etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.