Fire boss wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Frommey

Feb 16, 2022
Michigan
Does anyone have any info about this stove? It no longer has a label on it. I know the model is fire boss but I need to know the manufacturer, model number, and if it's listed with UL or any other company?

0508221046.jpg

I'm not sure if this stove was ever listed. It was one of hundreds of stoves that sprung up in the 70s.

Does anyone have any info about this stove? It no longer has a label on it. I know the model is fire boss but I need to know the manufacturer, model number, and if it's listed with UL or any other company?
Looks like I have the same one. Found a label on the back of mine. Hope this helps!

View attachment 306164 View attachment 306165
OP has a wood only, different model without the lower intake for coal. His pic here doesn’t show below the ash fender, but has a better pic on another thread showing the fender is at the bottom of stove.
A stove without the Label is no longer Listed even if it was a tested model.

Reactions: Vizzy92
OP has a wood only, different model without the lower intake for coal. His pic here doesn’t show below the ash fender, but has a better pic on another thread showing the fender is at the bottom of stove.
A stove without the Label is no longer Listed even if it was a tested model.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the clarity! Didn’t know that’s what the bottom of mine is for! So much to learn hah

I even spotted the word “anthracite” on the tag in your stove. I’m sure Coaly seen that as well. Anthracite is hard coal.

Can you take several more pictures of your stove, please? The coal stove that is. More pictures of the wood stove would be great as well.

I wonder how thick the top of the stoves are?

That should be a nice little stove. The wood only stove looks like a nice stove too.

Pictures of the top, sides, front, doors open, the grates inside, a more straight on picture of the tag if you can, etc., all from close up to a little further away, all would be greatly appreciated. I’ve seen pictures of the front of a wood only stove but this Fire Boss coal stove is the first I have seen.

I even spotted the word “anthracite” on the tag in your stove. I’m sure Coaly seen that as well. Anthracite is hard coal.

Can you take several more pictures of your stove, please? The coal stove that is. More pictures of the wood stove would be great as well.

I wonder how thick the top of the stoves are?

That should be a nice little stove. The wood only stove looks like a nice stove too.

Pictures of the top, sides, front, doors open, the grates inside, a more straight on picture of the tag if you can, etc., all from close up to a little further away, all would be greatly appreciated. I’ve seen pictures of the front of a wood only stove but this Fire Boss coal stove is the first I have seen.
Fire bosses are heavily built stoves. Similar to fishers Alaska's timberlines etc etc

Reactions: Hoytman