Fire Brick Fibre Board Generic replacement For Whitfield WP2 Advantage Freestanding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
Is there such a thing as generic fibre board that I could buy and trace out a template and cut new? I mean original replacement board $130. Gotta be something less expensive somewhere? bjr23

The cerra-brick is purely cosmetic... it's not necessary for the operation of the stove. There are some steel replacements available... don't know much about 'em. I tossed my old cerra-brick.

The brick is there to keep the stove body protected from warpage. I know people who have had custom steel plates made to protect the stove insides. Also if your brick is just cracked try furance cement to glue it back together.

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. Ever since then the glass has started sooting over after a couple hours. By the morning, I can't even see the flame. I may have to try and repair the old ones because nothing I've done makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.