Fire color

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

I know that the purple colored fire is hotter, and thats how my secondaries have been burning for the past two days. I'm not sure of the wood id, and the only thing I have done different is empty the ash pan yesterday. I can leave the air almost closed and I will have purple secondaries for an hour or two. Whats your thoughts on this? Is it a certain wood species?

Oak will do it also, or maybe you are somoking some better stuff. %-P

oldspark said:

cool-smiley-008.gif

Backwoods, it sounds like things are fine :0

Adding your location to your info always helps :)

oldspark said:

I may be, but how can it be green and seasoned all at the same time. :gulp:

Purple or blue means the best combustion. Yellow means fuel rich. But that happens all the time burning wood. Just too many things coming out of that wood at different rates.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
oldspark said:

cool-smiley-008.gif

My location?? Trying to get to my stash? :coolsmirk:

lehigh co, pa.....close to the appalachian trail near wind gap

Love zbb too by the way.

Backwoods said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
oldspark said:

cool-smiley-008.gif

My location?? Trying to get to my stash? :coolsmirk:

lehigh co, pa.....close to the appalachian trail near wind gap

Love zbb too by the way.

I heart ZBB like whoaa :) I wanna go to Red Rock, and hear them. It's on my list for sure :)

Amazing band amazing live amazing fiddle player (devil went down to georgia), hope they keep it real and don't get to hollywood on us ya know, be well -Brian

BrotherBart said:
Purple or blue means the best combustion. Yellow means fuel rich. But that happens all the time burning wood. Just too many things coming out of that wood at different rates.

+1 . . .

And it doesn't necessarily have to be coming off the primo wood species . . . I've got the purple and blue flames from other wood species beside the "good stuff."

Status
Not open for further replies.