Fire going in the QF for the last couple days: Sierra Nevadas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Dec 24, 2009
SoCal Southern Sierras
This is getting seriously ridiculous. Here is is, the middle of June, my relatives in WI are sending me emails about temps in the 90's, and it hit 40 degrees F here at about 6,000 ft. in the Southern Sierras.

We took about a week break from burning, but have had to start up again for a while. Coldest summer we have had since we've been here.

Quite cozy, though.

I miss Truckee.. my parents had some property north of town when I was a kid.

It is 98 degrees on the shaded deck here right now at one thirty in the afternoon. And it is supposed to get hotter tomorrow. >:-(

We just passed 60! Woohoo! Might reach 70 by evening. My plants are most grateful.

We had a power failure right at bedtime last night that lasted a few hours. My wife noted that she preferred cold weather power failures since I couldn't just chuck a few splits into the air conditioner.

Finally very mild & almost summer-like in central Oregon high desert country. A beautiful day, with more likely to follow. Rick

BrotherBart said:
We had a power failure right at bedtime last night that lasted a few hours. My wife noted that she preferred cold weather power failures since I couldn't just chuck a few splits into the air conditioner.

You got it.

I'm in truckee and refused to load the stove. Have split about 3 cords of pine while it was cool. Dakotas dad. Your parents should have held onto to the property!

keydiver said:
I'm in truckee and refused to load the stove. Have split about 3 cords of pine while it was cool. Dakotas dad. Your parents should have held onto to the property!

After all the kids were gone, they quit camping and hunting. Started RVing. So they let that go up there, and joined 1000trails. I was mad at first, but none of us stayed real close, one brother is over in Winnemucca, but doubt even he would use it. He married a very frilly woman. No camping, hunting, wood heat, un-padded toilet seats, farm eggs, etc etc.. The rest of us could move our families there in a heartbeat, but can't afford it now, for what that 37 acres cost now you can buy 3-4 times that elsewhere, and well, we have all developed "problems" with CA politics and laws...

Status
Not open for further replies.