FIRE IN THE HOLE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Woke up this a.m. to temps in the lower 40's and the forcasted heavy wind starting. Doom and gloom weather forcast says wet, and windy for the next 4 days. That being said, I fired up the 30 before I have to head off to work. Burn Baby Burn...............

Attachments

• 30 Fire Up 001 (Custom).jpg
    30 Fire Up 001 (Custom).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 314
Nice,looks like you are all set. PS My nephews rotti is "Bear" and if he knows you- great. If not watch out.

Looks nice. Great place to store wood you have there, those splits look huge compared to mine.

What a gorgeous window!

We're burning daily, and two-a-day fires on the weekends. Your doom-and-gloom weather sounds perfect for staying home and burning. Hope you get to enjoy some of that this weekend.

BTW, why is your milk crate next to the hearth? Surely you don't split your wood inside . . .

Todd said:
Great place to store wood you have there
How much do you have in there, a cord or two? I guess you need that in the Great White North when the snow gets up to the gutters and you can't open the doors to get to the wood stack... :smirk:

maxed_out said:
Nice,looks like you are all set. PS My nephews rotti is "Bear" and if he knows you- great. If not watch out.

This BEAR is exactly the same way. Lick you to death when we are around. Leave him home alone or in HIS truck and he less likeable for sure. He was 6 years old yesterday and he's been my partner since he was born.

snowleopard said:
What a gorgeous window!

We're burning daily, and two-a-day fires on the weekends. Your doom-and-gloom weather sounds perfect for staying home and burning. Hope you get to enjoy some of that this weekend.

BTW, why is your milk crate next to the hearth? Surely you don't split your wood inside . . .

Heck, dosen't everybody split in their living room? LOL The crate was for haulin in the kindling to get er fired up.

Milk crates can be handy things. I quite often fill one with kindling and then it is there in case we want to use some. Wife even uses a couple when she hangs clothes on the line outside. Sits the laundry basket on them so she does not have to bend. Maybe we should start a thread in the gear room to find more uses for them. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
Milk crates can be handy things. I quite often fill one with kindling and then it is there in case we want to use some. Wife even uses a couple when she hangs clothes on the line outside. Sits the laundry basket on them so she does not have to bend. Maybe we should start a thread in the gear room to find more uses for them. lol

Yup, I agree. Have about a dozen of em. Darn handy for a multitude of things. Even got one with a styrofoam cushion on it. Keeps those hemmoroids happy in the cold weather. LOL

The Hot Seats hunters use work great for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.