Firebox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regency139

Jun 25, 2009
Connecticut
Hey everyone. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I decided to clean my insert today in preperation for the upcoming season. I brushed the liner, cleaned the cap, and vacuumed out the insert. I then took the outer moulding off of to inspect the fireplace firebox and found some mortar loose on the left and right side of the outer firebox. The mortar connects the firebox brick to the outer hearth bricks. What can I use to fill these two gaps? They are exactly 1 inch wide. I included a picture in case my description doesn't make any sense. Sitting in the firebox is a regency wood insert and it has an insulated stainless steel liner. Thanks in advance. Mike.

Attachments

• DSC_6541small.jpg
    DSC_6541small.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 261
Lowe's and HD both carry tubes of Rutland fireplace cement this time of year that you can shoot from a caulking gun. Our ACE store has it year around.

Yeah, either that or just get a little tub of it and use a putty knife. In any case, what you've got there isn't of critical concern. Rick

Great. I appreciate the feedback fellas. I'll take care of this in the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.