fired up the eko 60 this morning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvanhat

Jul 3, 2008
upstate ny
finally lgot it going today, took about an hour before i had gasification. problem i had was the the danfoss valve would not let the cold water circulate from storage. acted like water was circulating only the one way. i pulled out the thermstat and used a ball valve instead untill i get everything up to temparture. then i think i will reinstall the thermostat.

cvanhat said:
finally lgot it going today, took about an hour before i had gasification. problem i had was the the danfoss valve would not let the cold water circulate from storage. acted like water was circulating only the one way. i pulled out the thermstat and used a ball valve instead untill i get everything up to temparture. then i think i will reinstall the thermostat.

I'm not sure that you had a problem.....

On initial start with everything cold, you'd expect a very low flow rate from storage. Unless the boiler is overheating and going into idle, the Danfoss was just doing its job. It's trying to maintain a 140 degree inlet temp, which means a pretty small amount of 60 degree water mixed with the recirculating water from the boiler outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.