FIREPLACE DOORS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WALLCAT

Oct 20, 2008
NY
I'VE READ ALL OVER THE PLACE ABOUT GLASS FIREPLACE DOORS BUT MY QUESTION IS ABOUT USING CUSTOM MADE STEEL DOORS. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A REASON WHY I SHOUDN'T HAVE STEEL DOORS MADE TO FIT MY FIREPLACE? THE OPENING IS VERY SMALL 25" WIDE SO THE GLASS DOORS WOULD HAVE TO BE CUSTOM MADE AS WELL BUT AT A COST OF ALMOST $800.00 DOLLARS WHERE AS I CAN GET STEEL MADE FOR ABOUT $300.00. ANY HELP OUT THERE? THANKS.

I prefer to be able to see how the fire is burning to keep track of it. However, I wouldn't waste the money. The fireplace is still going to be inefficient.

For a real savings, put an insert into it and make it a real heater that you can control and still see the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.