fireplace extrordinair 44 elite -vs- heatilator constitution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

c7fx

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio
So I posted a question a few weeks ago and got a lot of great information. Anyways our builder wants us to use a heatilator fireplace but I don't know much about them. I like the 44 elite better. Since I am stuck with choosing a high efficiency fireplace can anyone give me pros and cons for each.
I like the idea of pulling outside air to feed the fire with the elite.

I think the Heatilator Constitution is the same as Heath & Home Technologies which is the same as Quadrafire 7100 (more options and bigger) & Heat & Glo Northstar. You may have some luck looking around here for the Northstar, there are quite a few with that install. I think I posted to your earlier post about the slightly larger QF 7100, which you can hook the aux air up to the outside, and choose the posi-pressure system same as the 44, or throw the lever and get warmer air around the box for those really cold temps.

I think the Constition and Northstar are more similar to the smaller 36, 7100 is closer to the 44.

Big difference is the cat.

Yes, but the 7100 has the option for the Aux / posi-pressure system. I believe the Const. and Northstar are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.