Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasencoop

May 24, 2011
central maine
This fireplace insert was in my house when I bought it, can anyone tell me anything about it and if it's worth anything?

Attachments

• 0524010930a.jpg
    0524010930a.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 0524010930.jpg
    0524010930.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 349
Appears to be a worthy ashtray, but as a stove it looks incomplete and useless. With the door missing, scrap value may be the best bet.

You can check those Marb boxes for those little tags off the side that you can use for rewards points!

Stove=scrap orrrrrrr...Outdoor burn pit baby!

It may be worth something to guys here that like to dabble in repairs and such. But in most cases like this (your stove) it may just be more trouble financially to get it back in good working order than it would be to get new or used in better shape, if you plan on using this as a heat source.

The knob on the left is the volume, and the one on the right changes channels, right?

chasencoop said:
Ok, outdoor fireplace it is...

Very cool!!!

Post a photo of it in action. You can do all kinds of cool stuff. Cook in it! Post photos of cooking in the wood stove, outside, with beer!

One filing cabinet and some pipe away from a meat smoker.

Attachments

• brownie smoker.jpg
    brownie smoker.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 263
BrotherBart said:
One filing cabinet and some pipe away from a meat smoker.

And perhaps a door.

Status
Not open for further replies.