Fireplace Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

A buddy of mine has a fireplace and do the fact that he is renting from his father was told (no insert) you will burn down. I tried to convince his dad that it is probably safer than burning just the fireplace but he wouldn't listen to me ( a wood burner ). So my buddy is looking at a grill heater like this one Is there any body with more info or tips about these heaters ? They honestly look like a potential flame thrower to me!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fireplace-F...ltDomain_0&hash=item2568741aab#ht_6545wt_1218

Thanks
Pete

That thing is different looking, for sure.

It doesn't look like it would stand up to too much heat before warping and burning through. I have eaten up a couple firegrates, steel and cast iron.

I understand the concept, but I would think that an insert would be safer or more practical than that.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.