Fireside Friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Oct 29, 2008
Clarksburg, WV
aol.com
Great tool. Bought this kindling ax a few weeks ago for kindling. Bought it at Lowe's for $33

Vincent said:
Great tool. Bought this kindling ax a few weeks ago for kindling. Bought it at Lowe's for $33

What shade of Camo is it painted in? Really blends in......................................

i'm assuming that's the name of it? but my dad always says you know what happens when you assume

Has anybody else used one of these Estwing Fireside Friends? I saw one today at Farm & Fleet and almost bought it. Looked pretty useful. 4# maul type head with a sharp edge and a hammer size handle. The head and handle seemed to be one piece with a rubber grip on it.

I like it. Well I Don't have one but I bet I would like it.

Has anyone tried this and the Fiskars X11? Which did you like better? The Fiskars is probably a better designed tool I'd guess and for the same price or less might be the way to go?

Battleaxe said:
Has anyone tried this and the Fiskars X11? Which did you like better? The Fiskars is probably a better designed tool I'd guess and for the same price or less might be the way to go?

I have the X7 (14"). It's the cats meow.

Status
Not open for further replies.