Fireview finally installed and a picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brogsie

Feeling the Heat
Dec 19, 2007
eastern MA
I bought a new fireview last March during Woodstock's end of year sale.
I put it in to a new house still under construction. I can't tell you how great the whole experience has been. I bought the stove and a complete chimney package from Woodstock. I picked up the stove myself (3 hour drive). The people a. Woodstock where great,
I am a general contractor and installed the stove myself. I can't believe how easy and how nicely every thing went together. Once I had the hearth in I did not have to go to a store for any thing else. I don't think I have ever done a project without multiple trips to the hardware store.
I have had three break in fires and find the stove easy to use (compared to my VC Encore Defiant).

Few minor things I did not like

I got the metallic gray color and had the stove pipe painted to match. After the first few fires the pipe and the loading door are turning brown. I now wish I picked another color. I wish they told me it would discolor.

The stove pipe also came with black screws that look lousy. Wish that told me as I would have bought some paint. Now I have to send away for paint.

The stove pipe heat shield has big red numbers stamped on the shinny inside that be seen from the front side.

Loading door handle is not easy to lock. They give you an extension handle that fits over the door handle for coolness and leverage. That is scratching the paint off the door handle.

Maybe I'm a little OCD but on a scale of 100 I would give the fireview a 99.

I also have a fireview I love it, sorry to hear about your paint problem . Have you contacted woodstock I would talk to them about your issue you are having they might be able to help, there customer service is top notch. 99 out of 100 is not bad :)

No pics means it did not happen. We need proof of the stove and a pic of your firewood just to be sure. LOL.

Congrats on the new stove and house. Your paint may fad a bit on the stove as well, I know my shiney new black went to flat after a few fires.

yanksforever said:
brogsie said:
Can't post a picture, says I exceeded pixels?

Sorry...didn't happen then!

Agreed--open the photo on your PC with a photo editing app, and resave it in a smaller size. Then repost. We're waiting...

Good to hear you got the stove in and operating. On the paint problems, definitely give Woodstock a call. You won't find a better company to work with and they can help.

I'll send you a PM concerning the picture.

Took me longer to figure out the picture thing than it did to install the stove.
Thank you for the help PaPa and Dennis.

Attachments

• stove picture.jpg
    stove picture.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 306
Can't see any discoloration from the pics but I am sure up close you can notice it. The black screws pop out a little but no big deal. Do you really need the heat shield? Was their a concern over clearance issues. Nice stove and the house looks like it is coming along well.

I really like that color combo of the soapstone and cast iron and stovepipe! Never hear anything bad about these stoves.. Money well spent!

Ray

brogsie said:
Took me longer to figure out the picture thing than it did to install the stove.
Thank you for the help PaPa and Dennis.

Brogsie I am located in Carver where are you?

Ray

Thanks Ray
Skin I need the heat shield to be 10" from wall. Otherwise I would need 18".
That picture is after only one beakin fire. If you look at the pipe right at the stove you can see the discoloration in the picture.
It has gotten worse. My break in fire have not been over 400.
I will give Woodstock a call about the paint. I will keep you posted.

Ray, I live in Lincoln but the house I'm working on is in Wareham. It will be my retirement house (and weekends and summer).
Looks like we're neighbors. Your welcome to come see the Fireview if your interested.

brogsie said:
Ray, I live in Lincoln but the house I'm working on is in Wareham. It will be my retirement house (and weekends and summer).
Looks like we're neighbors. Your welcome to come see the Fireview if your interested.

Hey neighbor we are close to each other and I would like to see that stove sometime and exchange war stories.. I will PM you at some time and you're welcome here as well.. I can show off my wood shelter :)

Ray

Again, I am no expert by any means but double wall should have allowed you to be closer than 18", but maybe I am missing something. Double wall is really expensive. Nice setup btw. I do see a slight brown tinge but I have a feeling that short of going with black pipe you may never avoid that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.