Fireview guys and gals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
Does anyone have a picture of a "loaded" Fireview (no not drunk)?

I'm not sure how full is full. All the way to the top and touching the sides?

Just off the top and sides to allow for air flow?

Is is different for every stove?

Thanks,

f v

No pics, but yes, you can load the FV all the way to the top. . .no burn tubes to worry about crowding, like in non-cat stoves. By "sides," I assume you mean L/R since trying to keep wood off the front/back would be kinda silly. The andirons keep the wood off of the glass. Maybe leave some room in front of the airwash jets above the glass, if you want to see secondary flames in the firebox, but this isn't necessary with the cat lurking above. As for L/R, yeah, it's supposed to be best to leave some room @ the ends of the logs to allow for outgassing. I believe this is why the factory recommends 16" logs. . .leaves ~2" @ each end of the log, but I think 18s burn fine.

I always pack as full as possible. Here's a pic of 4 large logs on top of a good coal bed.

Attachments

• 100_1430.jpg
    100_1430.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 213
Awesome! Exactly the info and pics I was hoping for.

Thanks,
f v

Todd said:
I always pack as full as possible. Here's a pic of 4 large logs on top of a good coal bed.

Yes, that's all well and good, but we need that in BrotherBart Natural Light case equivalents, please. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.