Fireview / Mantel Heat Shield sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambx

Jan 10, 2011
Southern Connecticut
Well I am almost done with the fireview install. From the pic its quite evident I need a heat shield for my mantle and was hoping for some feedback as to how wide it should be? I assume a little wider than the stove (26"), the hearth opening (42") or go the entire width of the mantel (56")?

I am going to have it made from Copper and would like to get it right the first time. Either way I see these being a bit unsightly and dangerous (what really worries me is the sharp corner right were the load door is on the fireview - I was thinking of having the corner cut / rolled) but I have no other choice and I want to get burning!!!

Also, everyone talks about ceramic 1" standoffs - I can only find them on the WEB - anyone have any luck locally (Lowes / Home Depot etc)?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~jim

Attachments

• IMG00895-20111003-1331.jpg
    IMG00895-20111003-1331.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN1866.jpg
    DSCN1866.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 282
Status
Not open for further replies.