fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjkjoseph

Mar 31, 2008
long island
cleaned out the chimney to the fireview.....it did not need it,but since i was up there..i sent the brush down..about a quarter cup of white powder came out...not even a spec of black soot..well may be a spec..but that was it...the chimney is brick, its external with an insulated liner..the hampton is used less and had about a coffee can and a half of black soot..and the chimney is a better set up...i do close the air all the way down,if i didn't that stove would use up all of my wood....there is a big difference in wood usage between the cat and the non cat..but the non cat can crank up the heat,when you need it,but at a cost.

I noticed the same thing between my cat and previous non cat. I clean my chimney twice per year and get about a quart of brown powdery soot with the Fireview. With the old Hearthstone Homestead I use to get much more and the cap had some build up as well. Also impressed that I burn a full cord less every Winter.

Joseph, that sounds good. Don't forget though that the Fireview can also crank out some serious heat. Get that thing going around 650 degree stovetop and it cranks out lots of heat. We to noticed a big difference in the amount of wood we burn after getting the Fireview.

Glad to hear that my 30-NC is heating like, using wood like and depositing stuff in my chimney like a Fireview would. And looks better. :lol:

Good to hear you all are seeing the importance and benefits of dry wood.

BrotherBart said:
Glad to hear that my 30-NC is heating like, using wood like and depositing stuff in my chimney like a Fireview would. And looks better. :lol:

You can't fool me, I know your just itchin to burn a cat. You already have that ugly brown piece of tin in your fireplace, why not upgrade to the good looking Blaze King? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.