Firewood storage you can sleep on!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhambi

Burning Hunk
Sep 10, 2010
UT
:lol:

I can't tell you how many times during this project I wanted to just chainsaw it all up into burnable lengths! :lol:

These are dead standing aspen logs from the plateau above my house. I cut them early last year and then worked on it slowly over the winter/spring. It's a king size bed. Nice to know there's an extra cord of firewood always around. ;-)

Coming together...

http://i53.tinypic.com/aweqyq.jpg

And the finished product... with the new mattress! (the new mattress turned out to be about 5 inches taller than my old one... which is why you can't really see the bottom rail on the 'headboard'. My biggest mistake)

2rgf2hg.jpg

Thats good use of firewood there! Love it......... ;-)

Looks great, but don't you have to cut, split, and stack it for two years before you use.

I like it great job there :zip:

mhambi said:
:lol:

I can't tell you how many times during this project I wanted to just chainsaw it all up into burnable lengths! :lol:

These are dead standing aspen logs from the plateau above my house. I cut them early last year and then worked on it slowly over the winter/spring. It's a king size bed. Nice to know there's an extra cord of firewood always around. ;-)

Great work.

zap

Nice work. Lots of sanding I recon.

That's a beautiful piece of work. Rick

You gonna use that for the "NEW WIFE AUDITIONS"?

hossthehermit said:
You gonna use that for the "NEW WIFE AUDITIONS"?

1st off.. That's nicer than any other "Wood" bed you can buy.

2nd is..... That's too funny Hoss..

I'm sure there would be a line of applications... Wanting to try it out.. Very Nice work.

You just never know what grain lies beneath otherwise "junk" wood. I'm glad you saw the potential in it. Nice work, well done.

Beautiful. :coolsmile:

I want one! Can you have it ready next week? What would it cost with shipping charges? :)

BrotherBart said:
I want one! Can you have it ready next week? What would it cost with shipping charges? :)

When I was done, my wife (who put the kibosh on additional 'auditions' btw) said - You should build and sell these. I figure I could... I'd just have to charge 100,000 each for the time and effort to make it worthwhile. :lol:

I'll take you up on the mtn though, if you want to come cut your own...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Even with the 'mistakes', I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

NICE!!!!!!!!!

That is a beautiful bed....gonna show that pic to Mr. Gamma....then again...maybe not....don't need him starting another project that will take 2 years to finish.... :lol:
It looks like a very "sturdy" bed....which is a good thing especially if you are a "fidgety sleeper".....

That would probably take me a lot longer than 2 years. It is good work too!

For sure I'd be interested to see how long it lasts but with the finish that was applied it should last a long, long time. A beautiful work of art.

mhambi said:
BrotherBart said:

When I was done, my wife (who put the kibosh on additional 'auditions' btw) said - You should build and sell these. I figure I could... I'd just have to charge 100,000 each for the time and effort to make it worthwhile. :lol:

I'll take you up on the mtn though, if you want to come cut your own...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Even with the 'mistakes', I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Well, then can I borrow it to do auditions for mine?????????????????

Simply Awesome!

That is super cool and very fitting in the log home setting. Nice work!

Really neat . . . not my style . . . but I can certainly appreciate the time and craftsmanship you put into this . . . thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.