first break in burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSDave

Dec 29, 2011
Halifax NS Canada
Here's my day to day;

First of all I was pleased to hear that I won the monthly facebook draw for 30 super cedars!!
Next the stove guys show up:
Then the new setup with liner and double wall pipe
and finally the first burn, now ongoing.

I am pleased with the fit, as the old VC was so compact, and I didn't have to modify the hearth any.

The guys will be back tomorrow with a decorative cover to hide that mess of cement and insulation around the thimble!

Attachments

• setup2.jpg
    setup2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 524
  • brandnew2.jpg
    brandnew2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 532
  • allstoveburn2.jpg
    allstoveburn2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 555
Nice. I guess thats the kodiak? Let us know how that sucker heats when the break-ins are done. Best of luck.

Looks really nice. You are going to like that stove. A lot.

Thanks BB;

Logger: It is the Kodiak 1200 ; its got a 1.85 cu ft firebox. The 1700 was bigger but the extra 5 or so inches deeper would have been too much ; I felt ; for the room.

So far I really like the big glass area, and now I can load ns or ew. Once I get the initial burns done, I'll try for some good heat, though its supposed to upswing to mild temps the coming week.

NSD, that is a BEAUTY. It looks right at home on that gorgeous hearth, keep us posted on the progress of the stove. It's too bad we're nearing the end of winter here, but you should still have some good cold temps to play with for the next couple months......

Sweet stove! I have never seen one in person before but it sure looks nice. I am sure you will enjoy it immensely!

Fits in there very well on that nice hearth. Looks great.

Note, there is something odd about the door handle. Enviro's website does not show it in front of the door. I think you should look into that. No need to have the handle blocking your nice fire view. And it will get a lot hotter in the current position. Can it be rotated 270º clockwise?

I like picture one. It looks like the stove got drunk and tried to escape, but fell over.

Looks like the door is cracked for start-up BG.

Looks great :cheese:

BrotherBart said:

Could be, though our handle never crosses the face of the door. Does yours?

BeGreen said:
BrotherBart said:

Could be, though our handle never crosses the face of the door. Does yours?

On the VC stoves you can spin the door handles 360°, so it is possible other brands do it. Don't know how probable it is.

Good looking stove on a real Handsome hearth. I had to go look up the super cedar thing as I had never heard of it, but it seems a bunch of folks like them.

Thanks everyone;

I did notice the handle myself, you can rotate it so that it doesn't stick in the glass area when locked; I noticed that when I posted the pics so I had to check it myself :)

Awesome setup and a great stove. I think you're going to be very pleased.

kingquad said:
Awesome setup and a great stove. I think you're going to be very pleased.

Thanks; the local company I used were great and over in the pellet stove forum, things seemed to be positive.

I'm a newb burner, and I'd just gotten the hang of the old acclaim; now to learn a new stove ! Its fun watching the secondaries when they get going!

Status
Not open for further replies.