First burn-in fire in the F600!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
So, the family was away today and there was a bit of a chill in the air- so I thought "Git 'er done!"
Cannot wait to see what this baby can really do!

Attachments

• F600 First Fire.jpg
    F600 First Fire.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 298
What she can do is put out serious heat and look great doing it. You're going to love it.

Remkel said:
So, the family was away today and there was a bit of a chill in the air- so I thought "Git 'er done!"
Cannot wait to see what this baby can really do!

Very nice the F600 and most other Jotuls are beautiful stoves.. !! I would have no reservations buying one of their stoves..

Ray

cmonSTART said:
Nice!! Everything work ok?

Gotta love that fresh stove smell!

'I love the smell of curing stove paint in the morning"...
Everything went great. First burn in fire is only at 200 degrees, so there was a bit os clouding on the glass, but once the wood really got going things went great. No draft issues etc, and at 36' of SS liner, there should not be :)

I am letting the stove cool so i can do burn #2 today while everyone is out. 200 degrees off this stove was pretty impressive, and I cannot wait to see her at 400-600 soon!

One thing I will say is it takes a little while to get this beast up to speed.....second burn in fire underway!

Great looking stove REM. Huge Firebox, big btu's, long burns...awesome. love the Jotuls. They are a great looking stove! enjoy

Glad you got it fired up Remkel. You'll soon enough see just what that stove can do!

My Oslo heats my home said:
Great looking stove REM. Huge Firebox, big btu's, long burns...awesome. love the Jotuls. They are a great looking stove! enjoy

Yup, am already planning on how I am going to build out the basement to enjoy it even more! Enjoying the one air control lever as opposed to the old Vigilant- was like trying to work the Wizard of Oz display compared to this....

Remkel said:

Yup, am already planning on how I am going to build out the basement to enjoy it even more! Enjoying the one air control lever as opposed to the old Vigilant- was like trying to work the Wizard of Oz display compared to this....

+1 on the single air control

Remkel said:

Oh, come now. You didn't like the "oh, too much air!" and the "what the hell, not enough air?" options on the Vigilant?

Looking forward to hearing about the direct comparison between the two stoves.

+3 The T-5 has a single air control, totally painless to operate it..

Ray

BrowningBAR said:
Remkel said:

Oh, come now. You didn't like the "oh, too much air!" and the "what the hell, not enough air?" options on the Vigilant?

Looking forward to hearing about the direct comparison between the two stoves.

Actually, those settings gave me something to do all night. Now i might have to speak with my wife :)
Also LOVE the glass- all I have to do is look around the corner and WHAMO- I immediately know how things are going.

cmonSTART said:
They really are great looking stoves. I think I need a small one in my dining room.

No where near as pretty as one of those blaze kings :)

Just finished the second burn in- takes a little while to get up to temp, but once there, it cruises...

cmonSTART said:
Does she throw enough heat for you?

She was throwing heat, but I had fans on, doors and windows open, and I was only doing a 200 and 300 degree burn. That being said, yes, she is going to throw heat!

Looking forward to cranking her to 400 and then the sky is the limit (or 600 degrees, whichever comes first)

Status
Not open for further replies.