First burn of the season Asheville NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwloco

Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
A cold snap here in the mountains... Canadian front blew through and cleared the skies two days ago. House dropped to 66F. Time to crank up the old Resolute. Cherry burning, and the Stirling Engine fan is lazily spinning. I have a dog dead asleep beside the box.

I have plenty of oak, cherry and locust (for long cold night) ready. And still more to break up.

Happily there will be some warmer days here in Southern Appalachia and time enough as the sun wanes.

Not far from ya, saw 67 on the termo this a.m.

Upper 30s tonight on the Plateau, but back to 80 by Friday. Ah, shoulder season.

Yeah doing some of that upper 30's tonight ourselves. But not even getting to 80's again until next April or May. Ain't firing that sucker yet. I always try to make it till the end of October and never have.

Low 50's and rainy all day and ran the newly installed pellet puppy in the basement all day for checkout and to realize a small amount of heat on the first floor. The basement walls and the dirt outside loved it. It is mostly for when I work down there in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.