First burn of the year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny1

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2006
Eastern ON
Did not even make it to October this year - rats!

9C and drizzle outside right now, need to take the chill out.

Cheers

Attachments

• 100_9141 small.jpg
    100_9141 small.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 336
I just started ours up last night for the first time this year. Just wanted to make sure everything was working ok and take the chill off. It's been in low 60's for highs and lows in the low 40's the last couple of days. Saturday they're saying a high of 55 and a low of 43. But I guess it is the beginning of October.

Just fired up the AE for the first time this year as well. Burning O'Malleys and I have to say I am impressed. I burned them last year but the quality (at least the first bag) this year seems to be much better!

Kenny said:
Did not even make it to October this year - rats!

9C and drizzle outside right now, need to take the chill out.

Cheers

Lookin good, Kenny! Keep warm.

running mine for the first time tonight as well. I missed it :)

Fired up mine at 4 am just to get 'er going. Had a couple of "ash Pan" error signals off the computerized thermostat but just unplugged and replugged in and let it recycle ... no problem. Looking forward to a full season of heating. I missed most of December last year due to being overseas, but then again, we had no electricity for two of those weeks so I was happier sweating it out in Southeast Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.