First Delivery of Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowHill

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2009
Central NY

Attachments

• wood1med.jpg
    wood1med.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 294
  • wood4med.jpg
    wood4med.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 290
Get it stacked and you should be fine. Good luck finding the additional 6 cord.

HollowHill said:
Got my first delivery of wood yesterday! Supposedly 6 face cord of mixed hardwoods cut, split, and stacked last May. We've stacked 3 face cord so far and still have quite a bit left, so I think it will work out to 5 or 6 face cords. When I used the moisture meter on the wood it came out to anywhere from 20 - 23%, I was kinda hoping for lower, but maybe with the summer of drying, it will get there. The wood does have a nice crisp high ting when I hit them together. Anyway, I'm feeling much better to be finally getting some wood stacked, it was getting pretty pitiful to stare out at my empty pallets :-S Now to just track down 6 more cord of seasoned wood... Here's some pics, if I can figure out how to get them to work (highly questionable)[/quote]

Looks good and nice work getting three up, what is the mix of hardwood you received?

Zap

Zap, They weren't real specific on that, cherry, oak. I think I see some locust in there and something smooth barked, maybe beech? Will try to post some more pics when I can get them off my iPhone.

I can see some beech and locust but it is difficult to see in the picture. It looks great too! It would really be nice if you could get a couple more loads like that if possible.

Congratulations! That's very happy news. Very few people here get the wood first--the few, the proud, the ready . . . good on ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.